1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

This says it all,for someone to say "no reason to not win it all" is ludicrous. We lost the best running back in all of 1A the kid that came from Alcoa was a good running back but he wasn't a great running back like Gilbert.Then you lose the best receiver in 1A and anybody who says different I'll tell you you you're wrong the kid is the real deal. Not including what these two brought first on defense Gilbert was a great defensive player and so was number 23 .but last night we got beat we didn't do what we had to do when we needed to do it and that's the difference when you're playing two good teams.one good team playing and ave team can get away with that but Whitwell has a very good team we didn't make the stops in the first half that we needed to.We made good adjustments at the half to stop the run up the middle,they just had a couple of plays that went their way and kudos to them they're getting to go to the big dance and show what they have.We've been there three years in a row we've had a good run we will regroup and get back after it and see what we can do next year.One thing is for sure we still won the region AGAIN and we were 1 of the last four standing,you dont stand a chance if your not there.Pujo my friend your words in all these posts could not run more true.Its just a game.Was setting here reading and my son calls and tells me a friend had passed last night from a heroin overdose,thats two in the past three months.This game is fun and it takes us back to our youth but somethings are just a little bigger.

Good luck to Whitwell do your best to ride this miraculous season out and try to bring the Gold back were it belongs!

Good post!

1 hour ago, ImaSavage said:

Sorry bud, petty is one of the best players I’ve ever seen play high school ball. I’ve coached against him, when I coached Wingo.  He’s not a better QB then Warner, who has been groomed to be a QB in this offense since he was 12.  

For  the sole reason Petty can’t throw to himself...

Woah.... Petty is a really good HS player. There is no doubt about it, but one of the best EVER? Did you see Eddie Brown, Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore, and others play? Good grief man you’ve got to get out of the valley sometime. LMBO

1 hour ago, ImaSavage said:

Says you ? Hahahhhahahhahahahhahahahhaahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahah

you had GB by whatever they wanted, Ashworth gets knocked out petty runs the offense from the QB position and puts them in position to win the game and they do.  Sit down....

You literally just said Petty put them in position to win. My point exactly. Petty did the job just as well. If Ashworth wasn’t banged up, I don’t think it would’ve been much different except Petty and Wingo would’ve been in the RB position getting the ball. Nobody has to sit down especially anyone from South Pitt or Greenback. You’re talking about 2 of the best football programs in East Tennessee. Whitwell has a good team this year but after that, what’s next? This is one year bud. Nobody is sitting down.

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

QB being out slowed you down for a couple possessions but GB not having 23 hurt way more. However, we were still in position to win the game and should have but didn’t execute when it was being handed to us. But still, with 23, GB would’ve converted when inside the red zone. Congrats to Whitwell for never quitting and battling to the end. 

You don't know that for sure!

7 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Jump balls in the end zone would’ve been caught. Middle of the field was open all night. Nobody could’ve guarded him. Yeah I know that for sure. No not even Petty. And if he played against Coalfield, it would’ve been worse than 35-7.

You don't know that for sure, all speculation on your part.

Edited by rtl112

8 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Jump balls in the end zone would’ve been caught. Middle of the field was open all night. Nobody could’ve guarded him. Yeah I know that for sure. No not even Petty. And if he played against Coalfield, it would’ve been worse than 35-7.

You are correct about this. I’ve seen your brother last season. No one could have guarded him. Yes, if he played I believe you would have won. However like I said early in the week.  Gilbert leaving and then little brother getting hurt... That was two huge weapons you boys had last season that ended up being gone. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

You are correct about this. I’ve seen your brother last season. No one could have guarded him. Yes, if he played I believe you would have won. However like I said early in the week.  Gilbert leaving and then little brother getting hurt... That was two huge weapons you boys had last season that ended up being gone. 

See I know it’s not that hard to comprehend for most. Not like I’m saying he is the only person GB could’ve gone to. I’m just stating that GB’s pass game was very lackluster the past 3 games due to him being out.

3 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I know you’ve watched plenty of football games so you can’t be this dumb. If #23 plays, GB is able to pass the ball. 

True, I just love giving you GB posters a hard time. He may very well be the best player on the team in my opinion. 

Edited by rtl112