Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

14 minutes ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

Calm down brother man. You just made a lot of assumptions about a lot of things (me included) that you know nothing about. We all know Alcoa is the real deal.  My point, Blount Co has open zoning.     Blount co population: 127,253 (per wiki). How many schools do you have in that area? Sequatchie co population: 14,112 with one high school. Most rural communities has 1-3 high schools.  Even Hamilton county (Chattanooga) doesn’t have open zoning. You don’t think that gives you an advantage? It’s a little more than hard work.

Many schools in middle to west TN have what’s called the “convenient agreement” (Cooperative Agreement)! :lol: Those kids don’t even have to attend the high school for which they play. Nor, are the schools enrollment figures tallied into the classification numbers.  Now if you want to talk about advantages...... :thumb:

Edited by F5seekshelter

1 minute ago, Throwdeslant said:

Are you suggesting splitting open zone from non-open zone? Go ahead, then we can see just how many non-open zone high schools there actually are in the state of TN. Comical! :lol:

Believe me, I wish they would close zones! Alcoa would dominate! Alcoa would probably go from one of the smallest 3A schools to one of the larger 2A schools. With Alcoa's youth league and feeder programs and in city talent from 8000 person population. It would STILL be a top program, and...It would shut everyone up! Fact! 

12 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Are you suggesting splitting open zone from non-open zone? Go ahead, then we can see just how many non-open zone high schools there actually are in the state of TN. Comical! :lol:

Yep, excatly what I said... You’re crazy man. So you just going to ignore my point about population and zoning advantages? It’s simple arithmetic. The more kids you have the more chances of athletes. Yes, you have 3A population but your pulling kids from across your county that is over 100,000 people.

Edited by Hardworkandthetruth

2 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

This is a true story..Like I said before we all know why Rankin left Riverdale.  Why do you think he went to Alcoa..lol....One question...was he this successful  in Smith county with home grown players?

1982  0 wins    1985 semis- against eventual state champs AE.  Turned it around in 3 years......

His record in short time is what made Riverdale take notice. 

Edited by Reynard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

Yep, excatly what I said... You’re crazy man. So you just going to ignore my point about population and zoning advantages? It’s simple arithmetic. The more kids you have the more chances of athletes. Yes, you have 3A population but your pulling kids from across your county this is over 100,000 people.

Lol! Then call Mr. Childress at the TSSAA and request the split. Wouldn’t  bother 98% of the rest of high schools in the state of TN. :lol: If you would like his number, I can get it for ya.:thumb:

Edited by F5seekshelter

7 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Believe me, I wish they would close zones! Alcoa would dominate! Alcoa would probably go from one of the smallest 3A schools to one of the larger 2A schools. With Alcoa's youth league and feeder programs and in city talent from 8000 person population. It would STILL be a top program, and...It would shut everyone up! Fact! 

Then, all these crybabies would be jumping off buildings. :thumb:

1 minute ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

Yep, excatly what I said... You’re crazy man. So you just going to ignore my point about population and zoning advantages? It’s simple arithmetic. The more kids you have the more chances of athletes. Yes, you have 3A population but your pulling kids from across your county this is over 100,000 people.

Hardwork and a program like Alcoa still works even against your numbers. Alcoa played one of the largest schools in TN. Kingsport Dobbyns Bennett. 2200+ students to "pull from". Alcoa pulls players from a 650 student enrollment. Alcoa as beaten them two years in a roll. That's Hardworkandthetruth.:thumb:

9 minutes ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

Yep, excatly what I said... You’re crazy man. So you just going to ignore my point about population and zoning advantages? It’s simple arithmetic. The more kids you have the more chances of athletes. Yes, you have 3A population but your pulling kids from across your county that is over 100,000 people.

8-F7613-C8-1087-428-B-AE30-20-FF4-A49271

26 minutes ago, Hardworkandthetruth said:

Calm down brother man. You just made a lot of assumptions about a lot of things (me included) that you know nothing about. We all know Alcoa is the real deal.  My point, Blount Co has open zoning.     Blount co population: 127,253 (per wiki). How many schools do you have in that area? Sequatchie co population: 14,112 with one high school. Most rural communities has 1-3 high schools.  Even Hamilton county (Chattanooga) doesn’t have open zoning. You don’t think that gives you an advantage? It’s a little more than hard work.

Hamilton Co does have open zoning. Look at school board policy 6.204 under the “students” section of the online board policy. It outlines how they must make application and the tuition they must pay. Very much open zone like most other districts in TN. 

• Upvote 1

You pull from all over the Knoxville area lol. Imbeciles. Where is Halls again? That's what I thought.  One day you will quit running from maryville and the other 6a schools and sit where you belong. Until then just admit your cowards of them. It's not hard. Just say it. We are scared to death of 6a. If you move up they can't run like you say they do. They have to play you..

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hamilton Co does have open zoning. Look at school board policy 6.204 under the “students” section of the online board policy. It outlines how they must make application and the tuition they must pay. Very much open zone like most other districts in TN. 

Say it ain’t so BPM. I thought they were! We’ve had this conversation in the past. If I recall the gentleman was referring to elementary schools not high schools. :lol:

2 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

You pull from all over the Knoxville area lol. Imbeciles. Where is Halls again? That's what I thought.  One day you will quit running from maryville and the other 6a schools and sit where you belong. Until then just admit your cowards of them. It's not hard. Just say it. We are scared to death of 6a. If you move up they can't run like you say they do. They have to play you..

The kid lives in Alcoa clown. :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant