Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

16 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Were you not around in 2009?  That was the slowest OR team and it wasn't even close.  We are certainly slower than the past several years.  I agree with the post above, don't let the first game define your season.  2 years ago, we got waxed by Farragut with a sub-par effort on both sides of the ball.  I told my son that you and your fellow seniors need to get together and decide what kind of team you were going to be.  They met as players on the following Sunday and decided to salvage their season and finished strong.  This team can do the same.  They are much better players than they showed Friday night.

Yes I was around in 2009 and long before that too. We just disagree on this point but OR has NOBODY who has the speed to make a big play against many of the teams OR will face. I think OR will be faster than CC and maybe Clinton, and that's it and I'll bet they're smaller than every team they face. The complainers don't like play selection and sometimes I don't either but few are ready to face the reality that a small and slow (by OR standards) team isn't going to challenge to win the region and may not even win a lot of games. Now OR could've won the other night because Hardin Valley isn't great and the defense played good enough to win. The Hardin Valley defense is pretty good and the OR offense wasn't. I hope they can get the offense a little (or a lot) better by Friday because I expect that DB is better than Hardin Valley.

I say again. We always play close games with Oak Ridge.  Oak Ridge may lose 3 of 1st 4 but still will contend for a region championship, hence #1 seed.  The south is not as good (yet Rhea County Offense always is tough to deal with) and to get to round 4 OR has to beat Region teams.  I seen it with HVA a couple of years ago.  Got on a roll then competed losing to Oakland.  I know it's a long way from playoffs but I post this to say be patient with this team.  BUT you should of won it all last year (not a jab just a football fan) you had the best team in 5A.  As others said it's just game one.

Edited by GIJoe
Errors
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Whoever said 2009 was the slowest team just needs to leave!!! They had Demarcus Rodgers and Ralphael coffee! That class was not slow!! This is the slowest team/non athletic oak ridge team ever TRUST ME

No, they weren’t on that team. They were on the 2008 team. BoyFromSi is correct. Rocky Fluud was the RB on the 2009 squad. It could be argued that me and BoyFromSi are  faster than the wide receivers were on that team.....now.

Edited by SweetScience

26 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Whoever said 2009 was the slowest team just needs to leave!!! They had Demarcus Rodgers and Ralphael coffee! That class was not slow!! This is the slowest team/non athletic oak ridge team ever TRUST ME

We agree and I think Rodgers was way faster than Coffey and Coffey was faster than anyone OR has now.

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

No, they weren’t on that team. They were on the 2008 team. BoyFromSi is correct. Rocky Fluud was the RB on the 2009 squad. It could be argued that me and BoyFromSi were faster than the wide receivers on that team.....now.

I still think this OR team is the slowest (still faster than CC) and least athletic in memory, including 2009.

7 hours ago, bonkers said:

What happened Friday night is that a bigger and faster team beat OR even though the OR defense almost pulled it out. The offense got going a little in the second half but couldn't sustain it. The offensive line was average last year and about the same this year. I'm used to OR being the smallest team on the field but not the slowest. This could be a long year. I have some issues with play calling and personnel but I'll leave that to the coaches but the main problem IMO is the lack of speed and it's a glaring problem. The slowest OR team I've EVER seen.

But HV wasn't bigger and our offensive line was supposed to be our strength this year. It just pissed me off to watch #53 for HV rush unblocked most of the night. I just haven't ever seen Oak Ridge play so sloppy and not even try to block someone.

However, I do hope they turn things around and it is possible just like it was 2 years ago. They have a very tough schedule this year so I hope they improve fast. 

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

No, they weren’t on that team. They were on the 2008 team. BoyFromSi is correct. Rocky Fluud was the RB on the 2009 squad. It could be argued that me and BoyFromSi are  faster than the wide receivers were on that team.....now.

This is not true! Rocky was the running back on the 2011 team played 2010 as well definitely not 2009