Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

4 hours ago, 2011Class said:

Yea i don’t think any of blades teams had a lot of speed might’ve had individuals with some speed like fludd, hall, gray, Moore but overall not really any speed they were jus well coached teams good defenses. Even with blade OR lost to hva that OR team made it to the 4th round of playoffs I’m not counting this years team out just yet

Yeah we did. Tyrus was a fast one as well. And harden valley was good that year! If played them later in the season that year would have for sure beat them, but agreed those were the fast guys we unfortunately couldn’t get Jadon to join again. Was the fastest guy around

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

True. Moore was probably one of the fastest kids we have ever had though. I think he was even a bit faster than Graham was. Strangely though, I never thought he was a really good RB. Yeah, he was decent, but just never impressed me all that much, but that's just me. I actually liked Elliott Normand a lot as a RB back then, but he played LB, so he was more important there. Man, did that kid bring a load carrying the ball though. Yeah, I'm not counting this team out either. I don't think anybody was happy with what happened Friday night, but it is a long season. Lots of things can happen.

Oh he was darn good! He could of played division 1 running back imo! He got hurt to much shoulder always popped out of place! He’s a track star and I agree faster than everybody that has played!

2 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I hate to say it but don't expect a big turnaround like a couple of yrs ago when we got blew out by the Ads.For the people who go and watch most or all of the games u can just tell the talent level is not there.I like both RBs but I don't see either one being able to carry this team this yr.The WRs will get better with reps and time but the best one right now is 5 ft 5 140 pds.I think the QB can play but is limited with what throws he can make because of his height.I really forgot how much Booker was running for his life last yr and just thought the OLine would be good.If they improve that would help everybody.I still worry about the defense when we play a decent passing team because we have no pass rush and HV QB missed wide open guys all night.I would bet anything we don't win over 5 games but all the coaches would deserve coach of yr if we did.After saying that we still have to give 100% and get better every week.Find guys who are improving and want to get better and play them.Oak Ridge fans are spoiled and I hope we don't let this season bring us down for future yrs.The Ship is looking amazing and the middle schools and freshman look really good so help is on the way.We gotta keep them excited about wanting to walk down them stairs on a Friday night.If things get to negative it affects all levels.

I’m in agreement with us not winning a bunch of games this year.i didn’t realize he was so short! I think he has a lot to prove! He’s been rated good and goes to a bunch of top camps! He made horrible reads and decisions week 1.  He may need time to grow a little. 0 speed this year! Johnson need more balls thrown I mean fast!! He’s a lock at corner Preston 22 who replaced 15 needs to get with the program or replaced! It’s that simple I rather try Kendall at corner back! Athlete y’all why not?! I think minor did what he could only giving up what did, but 1000% hva qb missed naked guys all night 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

I’m in agreement with us not winning a bunch of games this year.i didn’t realize he was so short! I think he has a lot to prove! He’s been rated good and goes to a bunch of top camps! He made horrible reads and decisions week 1.  He may need time to grow a little. 0 speed this year! Johnson need more balls thrown I mean fast!! He’s a lock at corner Preston 22 who replaced 15 needs to get with the program or replaced! It’s that simple I rather try Kendall at corner back! Athlete y’all why not?! I think minor did what he could only giving up what did, but 1000% hva qb missed naked guys all night 

I agree with your post almost 100%

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

YES! Oak Ridge still knows how to win...

Freshmen Wildcats    34    Hardin Valley  9

JV Wildcats   35    Hardin Valley   27

Now, let's go get some respect back up in Kingsport.

That's great news....was there any size or speed on the field for OR?

13 hours ago, SweetScience said:

True. Moore was probably one of the fastest kids we have ever had though. I think he was even a bit faster than Graham was. Strangely though, I never thought he was a really good RB. Yeah, he was decent, but just never impressed me all that much, but that's just me. I actually liked Elliott Normand a lot as a RB back then, but he played LB, so he was more important there. Man, did that kid bring a load carrying the ball though. Yeah, I'm not counting this team out either. I don't think anybody was happy with what happened Friday night, but it is a long season. Lots of things can happen.

I don't count this team out either but they need to win this week or this season could be really bad.

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Oak Ridge went 4-6 would anything happen. I remember back after Emory Hale moved on the people of Oak Ridge put a lot of unbelievable pressure on everyone after. I'm just curious not living over there and wondering if the fans over there have softened up.

That's a real good question. My guess is nothing. I say that because the team could have easily gone 4-6 last year had it not been for the athleticism of Booker at QB. His biggest yardage plays were broken. Heck, he made the OC look good all year bc of his ability to create positive yardage after broken plays.

The truth is....if there was going to be a change....it would have to be at OC...heck, the entire O staff needs realignment. There is no excuse for a WR to run the wrong route, give up on a play, etc. We saw that all scrimmages and in the 1st game of the season. The truth is...the OC couldnt do it with several athletes now playing at the collegiate level....how is he going to do it with this squad? Easy....he ain't. The WR coach needs a new assignment. I mean come on?! Wrong routes? Giving up on plays? Oh come on man??

I've seen some really small teams at OR over the years...this is one of the smallest. But I also saw underrated, small and slow Wildcats lay it on hard and win. Coaching....key is good coaching. On the O side of the ball...we aint got it.

End of the day, we have what we have. A small team, not a lot of speed but those kids have heart. Both sides of the ball. If I were the HC...I would either take over play calling entirely or make a change. It's long overdue and we've all seen what happens to a HC that doesnt get with the times. It's painfully obvious this OC and staff need fixin.

Special teams...aside from the kicker kicking deep on kick offs....horrible. What was going on with the botched snap...and the holder? What on earth was going on there.

My two cents....the D will do what they do, keep them in the game....but my gosh.....COME ON....in the least, spread the ball around.....get you playmakers the ball...not the WRs who continue to run the wrong route or flat out give up on a play. Our O line can give the QB just enough time to get the ball out....at least get some WRs out there who are willing to play with heart. I know 15 can catch. Seen him catch time and time again. Why didnt he get a snap?

End of the day, the OC, Offensive Staff and general play calling all needin fixed. Aint nothing going to change until a change there is made. I know, its only 1 game....but yall don't need a magic crystal ball to predict the season....and it aint pretty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ORDT said:

That's a real good question. My guess is nothing. I say that because the team could have easily gone 4-6 last year had it not been for the athleticism of Booker at QB. His biggest yardage plays were broken. Heck, he made the OC look good all year bc of his ability to create positive yardage after broken plays.

The truth is....if there was going to be a change....it would have to be at OC...heck, the entire O staff needs realignment. There is no excuse for a WR to run the wrong route, give up on a play, etc. We saw that all scrimmages and in the 1st game of the season. The truth is...the OC couldnt do it with several athletes now playing at the collegiate level....how is he going to do it with this squad? Easy....he ain't. The WR coach needs a new assignment. I mean come on?! Wrong routes? Giving up on plays? Oh come on man??

I've seen some really small teams at OR over the years...this is one of the smallest. But I also saw underrated, small and slow Wildcats lay it on hard and win. Coaching....key is good coaching. On the O side of the ball...we aint got it.

End of the day, we have what we have. A small team, not a lot of speed but those kids have heart. Both sides of the ball. If I were the HC...I would either take over play calling entirely or make a change. It's long overdue and we've all seen what happens to a HC that doesnt get with the times. It's painfully obvious this OC and staff need fixin.

Special teams...aside from the kicker kicking deep on kick offs....horrible. What was going on with the botched snap...and the holder? What on earth was going on there.

My two cents....the D will do what they do, keep them in the game....but my gosh.....COME ON....in the least, spread the ball around.....get you playmakers the ball...not the WRs who continue to run the wrong route or flat out give up on a play. Our O line can give the QB just enough time to get the ball out....at least get some WRs out there who are willing to play with heart. I know 15 can catch. Seen him catch time and time again. Why didnt he get a snap?

End of the day, the OC, Offensive Staff and general play calling all needin fixed. Aint nothing going to change until a change there is made. I know, its only 1 game....but yall don't need a magic crystal ball to predict the season....and it aint pretty.

It wasn't pretty (the offense) at all. My hope is that things get much prettier in Kingsport Friday night.

22 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

It is really hard to tell how good some of the skill guys are because if u cant block nothing works.I agree with I.Johnson.I think we have 3 guys ready right now to make big plays and that's Romano,Jackson and I.Johnson.We gotta find ways to get them the ball and not be getting hit as that happens.Romano turned it up in 2nd half and showed he can make things happen.Yea the qb is small and I think will be good with time but until then our OC has to quit calling screens.Every time we did the qb is too short to get it over pass rush.Heyward,Turner and Stewart need to grow up fast.I wish Heyward was bigger because he goes so hard and is good.He would dominate if bigger and I think he will his JR and SR yr

On 8/26/2019 at 8:49 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

If Oak Ridge went 4-6 would anything happen. I remember back after Emory Hale moved on the people of Oak Ridge put a lot of unbelievable pressure on everyone after. I'm just curious not living over there and wondering if the fans over there have softened up.

A lot of people love Gaddis so it would be shocking.Maybe if someone talked with him and ask him to step away for whats best for Oak Ridge he might.I think a lot of people want to wait it out until he retires out of respect for what hes done and his love for Oak Ridge.But saying that for over 2 yrs now all I hear is talk about bringing Rosser back where he belongs.I love Gaddis but would love to see Rosser come in here next yr and take over as the SHIP is starting to look amazing and a fresh start with a great young coach would be awesome.A lot of Oak Ridgers still talk with Rosser and will want him back until somebody else takes us to State

6 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

A lot of people love Gaddis so it would be shocking.Maybe if someone talked with him and ask him to step away for whats best for Oak Ridge he might.I think a lot of people want to wait it out until he retires out of respect for what hes done and his love for Oak Ridge.But saying that for over 2 yrs now all I hear is talk about bringing Rosser back where he belongs.I love Gaddis but would love to see Rosser come in here next yr and take over as the SHIP is starting to look amazing and a fresh start with a great young coach would be awesome.A lot of Oak Ridgers still talk with Rosser and will want him back until somebody else takes us to State

Could you or someone provide more biographical info on  Coach Rosser? I literally have no memory of him. Was he a Freshman coach at one time? Thanks.