Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

9 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Guys yes they’ve made changes imo big changes but doesn’t mean anything to me. We will just have to see how it goes.. imo I can hearing it I think it sounds good so I’m hoping it is good.. we do have two issues that I don’t want to put out there which is a bummer.... we will see Friday 

I'm intrigued by your post. You're more positive than normal and that has aroused my curiosity. I haven't been able to see any practice this week so I have no idea what changes have been made. I also don't know about the two issues you mention although I can probably guess one of them, which isn't good. I'm looking forward to see how we OR plays.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, catswild said:

That's great news....was there any size or speed on the field for OR?

Jayden Williams, freshman, Reining 200 meter Middle School Champion. Took first place at 2019 Middle School State Meet with a time of 23.66 seconds.

Coach Gaddis also pointed out several other freshmen players who can fly.

However,   Joe did say size wise the 9th graders are typical OR linemen - smal

5 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Jayden Williams, freshman, Reining 200 meter Middle School Champion. Took first place at 2019 Middle School State Meet with a time of 23.66 seconds.

Coach Gaddis also pointed out several other freshmen players who can fly.

However,   Joe did say size wise the 9th graders are typical OR linemen - smal

Did he say he was going to blend in the new freshman speedster? Now that would be something special.

1 hour ago, ORDT said:

Did he say he was going to blend in the new freshman speedster? Now that would be something special.

No, I didn't hear him say that. He's pretty small and maybe he's not quite ready for Friday nights yet. He did say that he wasn't going to blame his players for the poor offensive performance but that he would take the blame himself. That's no great consolation but how many times do you hear a coach say that? The players should appreciate that and I hope the offense is much better this week. He did say that he thought DB was better than Hardin Valley. That's a concern.

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

No, I didn't hear him say that. He's pretty small and maybe he's not quite ready for Friday nights yet. He did say that he wasn't going to blame his players for the poor offensive performance but that he would take the blame himself. That's no great consolation but how many times do you hear a coach say that? The players should appreciate that and I hope the offense is much better this week. He did say that he thought DB was better than Hardin Valley. That's a concern.

DB is huge. Always been a big team. Hoping the O line gives the QB more time to get the ball off...hoping that the OC makes adjustments or resigns. Will be listening!! RWR!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ORDT said:

DB is huge. Always been a big team. Hoping the O line gives the QB more time to get the ball off...hoping that the OC makes adjustments or resigns. Will be listening!! RWR!

I've decided to go ahead and make the trip. I love the atmosphere up there, I love the stadium, I love the restaurants, and I love the Wildcats, and I think they need us (fans). It's a beautiful day and I can't think of anything better to do. I don't like our chances but I hope I'll be surprised.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

I've decided to go ahead and make the trip. I love the atmosphere up there, I love the stadium, I love the restaurants, and I love the Wildcats, and I think they need us (fans). It's a beautiful day and I can't think of anything better to do. I don't like our chances but I hope I'll be surprised.

Way to go bonkers! It has always been said the best and loudest Wildcat fans are the ones who go to the Away games. Great to see you keeping that tradition alive. RWR!