1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

That’s like saying one man should be able to carry a team. When injuries come in to play, a team can suffer because of it. Greenback isn’t at state with the future Mr. Football winner because some of the other players couldn’t step up enough to fill the void of the players that were out. And also because Whitwell is a good ball team. But you’ll figure that out Saturday. 

Hanley will And SHOULD win. I love Cam Whitaker and will be estatic if he wins, but let’s be real.

2 hours ago, TheBigDawg said:

Our kids enjoy a good war.  Driving an opposing kid into the ground like a fence post makes a Bulldog about as happy as a kid getting the present he wanted on Christmas morning.  Frog Bottom should be renamed IHOP because we serve pancakes all day long.

They should be all smiles because a war is what you will get for 48 minutes!

1 minute ago, cornerback10 said:

If we’re going to see who breaks first, my money is on Whitwell. You can’t break this Cornersville team. They are a different breed. This year’s team would beat last year’s by 21+.

I really believe that last sentence. 2017 Cornersville will forever be my favorite Cornersville team regardless of what happens this year, but they have exceeded their ceiling in my opinion.

1 minute ago, cornerback10 said:

If we’re going to see who breaks first, my money is on Whitwell. You can’t break this Cornersville team. They are a different breed. This year’s team would beat last year’s by 21+.

Should be one heck of a game then. Whitwell won't break..if they get beat I'll be the first to congratulate you. Your the team that's in for a long day. That's how I feel about Whitwell..you don't think Cornersville can be cracked?? Nothing wrong with that..thats why we play the game?? So let's just meet up next Saturday and find out??? Good idea?

Just now, WARBOSS said:

Should be one heck of a game then. Whitwell won't break..if they get beat I'll be the first to congratulate you. Your the team that's in for a long day. That's how I feel about Whitwell..you don't think Cornersville can be cracked?? Nothing wrong with that..thats why we play the game?? So let's just meet up next Saturday and find out??? Good idea?

Cornersville has been in similar environments to Whitwell and have prevailed. Both are about as evenly matched as two teams could be at this point in the year. I’m the biggest Cornersville homer I know and they’ve bypassed my expectations. They are operating under a different mentality than the competition. While the fans have celebrated, the players ain’t turned their head since the first game of the year. Should be a hard fought, physical game. And if it is, I like Cornersville. They love to play ugly.

Based off of what I’ve seen from both teams, I think Cornersville has the edge. They are both very talented, but when I watch both of these teams I can’t help but notice just how physical Cornersville is. They hit hard, and they don’t quit. Whitaker runs downhill but is shifty and he’ll be hard to stop. And he isn’t the only threat Cornersville has which makes it even scarier. Whitwell has their own great talent as well, but I think all around Cornersville is better. In fact based off of what I’ve seen recently I think Cornersville could be the best team in 1A/2A combined. Their defense is second to none and they are extremely well conditioned. They now have the experience of playing in cookeville last year and by all means look a lot better this year than they did then. It’s been really interesting seeing both these teams improve so much over the past few years, but I’m gonna give the edge to Cornersville. 

Im predicting:

Cornersvile 28

Whitwell 17

• Like 1