1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

I said all that to say this.  

Whitwell has won against top competition this year. 

Cornersville has beaten everyone in their path this year. You don't shut out that many teams without having ability, determination,  coaching, skill and the mindset to do so.

Its gonna come down to one of the best games this weekend.

If I had to give a slight edge it would be to Cornersville for having been there last year. That experience is something you really can't teach. It only comes from being there.

36 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Points Per Game Scored:

Cornersville: 40.29 PPG
Whitwell: 43.5 PPG

Points Per Game Allowed:

Cornersville: 4.36 PPG
Whitwell: 10.57 PPG

Opponents Combined Record (keep in mind that Cornersville didn’t play a 10th regular season game due to Lancaster Christian forfeit. 

Cornersville: 72 wins/72 loses
Whitwell: 87 wins/70 loses 

Miles Traveled During Playoffs:

Cornersville: 387
Whitwell: 0

Road Dawgs.  

We were hoping for a regular season win against Whitwell to secure home field throughout the playoffs.  Which is hard for us to achieve since the way the bracket is put together.  Being a region 3 team we can only get the quarterfinals one year then the semifinals the next. ( Edit:  unless there's an upset in the lower bracket).  It broke Whitwell's way this year. 

Edited by Southtowner

Just now, Southtowner said:

Road Dawgs.  

We were hoping for a regular season win against Whitwell to secure home field throughout the playoffs.  Which is hard for us to achieve since the way the bracket is put together.  Being a region 3 team we can only get the quarterfinals one year then the semifinals the next.  It broke Whitwell's way this year. 

I would have loved a SP/CB10 thread. That would have been peak CoachT.

I just see this game as being a making of an instant classic.  I believe both teams mirror each other in what they like to do. 

I've seen firsthand what Whitwell is capable of and I've witnessed these Seniors on Cornersville's team a couple years back. So o know what each team is made of.

I think we are in for a collision type game. 

I hope both teams show up healthy and ready to show out. I hope the officials swallow their whistles somewhat and let the boys play.

And on top of that we have an extra day to talk it up. 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I just see this game as being a making of an instant classic.  I believe both teams mirror each other in what they like to do. 

I've seen firsthand what Whitwell is capable of and I've witnessed these Seniors on Cornersville's team a couple years back. So o know what each team is made of.

I think we are in for a collision type game. 

I hope both teams show up healthy and ready to show out. I hope the officials swallow their whistles somewhat and let the boys play.

And on top of that we have an extra day to talk it up. 

I believe this will be the best game of the 3 day weekend. Very similar teams in terms of mindset. I hope it stays low scoring and ugly.