1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 hour ago, EXFOOTBALL65 said:

I personally would prefer cornersville going for two more often. We are definitely weak on our extra point team. I feel like we don’t do a good job blocking up front at times. I would keep feeding the horses and take that gamble. Is it correct that the field goal to win the game was Whitwell first attempt all season?

Yes it was and that’s the same reason we do it, we have a young kicker he will be a good like his brother he is just young 

3 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

I want to say he is a sophomore and last year he didn’t do much cause his brother had a leg on him, could kick from basically the midfield logo 

If you have a kicker that can reach the end zone on kickoffs is a huge advantage for any team. Cville does a good job getting down field on kickoffs

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says GB, like SP often times went away from the bloody nose tactic.  Both head coaches probably watched too Fulmer coached Vol teams that often times went into protect the lead. Whitwell appears to have more of “The Ole Ball Coach’s attach mentality that makes you play the whole game! The Tigers will be too much & will be the next team from the valley to bring home the bacon. BTW, Whitwell coaches, us fellers knows yous never been here and need to keep you big mouths shut. Figure, Whitwell will always be Whutwull because of things like coaches & fans showing lack of class! Yep, Recon so

You right Old Pirate - both teams went away from pounding it- they  didn’t stop it all night - why quit ? 

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says GB, like SP often times went away from the bloody nose tactic.  Both head coaches probably watched too Fulmer coached Vol teams that often times went into protect the lead. Whitwell appears to have more of “The Ole Ball Coach’s attach mentality that makes you play the whole game! The Tigers will be too much & will be the next team from the valley to bring home the bacon. BTW, Whitwell coaches, us fellers knows yous never been here and need to keep you big mouths shut. Figure, Whitwell will always be Whutwull because of things like coaches & fans showing lack of class! Yep, Recon so

Yes

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

With what Cornersville does on offense compared to Lake County. I would think a mud hole would be a big advantage to Cornersville.  Isn’t Lake County a spread team? I stick to my prediction. If Whitwell is held to less than 21 Cornersville wins. If Whitwell scores more than 21 Whitwell wins. 

Can you pick whitwell outright so I'll feel better about our chances?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

LC spreads the field but looks like they mainly run the ball out of that formation. I'm still not trying to talk LC down but they wasn't as good as I thought they would have been, but they are still young and I see them and Huntingdon playing in the semis next year. This Cville offensive line is something to watch, reminds me of a Union City coached team, they get off the ball quick and get to whom they're blocking quick. We all hear about the speed of the backs but it's the speed of Cville's lines that impressed me. Defensively the same, lots of tackles in the backfield and a lot of them are lineman tackling from behind

I agree with your semifinals 2019 outlook. Huntingdon vs Lake County and SP vs Greenback.  Those are my picks and it won’t change unless someone suffers a bunch of injuries. 

1 hour ago, dawgsontop11 said:

Can you pick whitwell outright so I'll feel better about our chances?

I’m leaning toward Whitwell, but I think it’s going to be another great game. Cornersville could easily win it just like Whitwell.   You act like I miss every pick or something.  I picked you over Lake County last week by 2-3 scores. LMBO.. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

15 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m leaning toward Whitwell, but I think it’s going to be another great game. Cornersville could easily win it just like Whitwell.   You act like I miss every pick or something.  I picked you over Lake County last week by 2-3 scores. LMBO.. 

In his defense, you’ve been historically bad at picking cornersville playoffs games...