1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says GB, like SP often times went away from the bloody nose tactic.  Both head coaches probably watched too Fulmer coached Vol teams that often times went into protect the lead. Whitwell appears to have more of “The Ole Ball Coach’s attach mentality that makes you play the whole game! The Tigers will be too much & will be the next team from the valley to bring home the bacon. BTW, Whitwell coaches, us fellers knows yous never been here and need to keep you big mouths shut. Figure, Whitwell will always be Whutwull because of things like coaches & fans showing lack of class! Yep, Recon so

Pretty broad statement, we are not all perfect but we are not all bad either!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, DawgNation05 said:

In his defense, you’ve been historically bad at picking cornersville playoffs games...

The last two seasons. Yes I picked them to lose to Huntingdon both years. I didn’t pick against you in the semifinals once you defeated them though.I picked Greenback last season against you by 28 and I was close.  Now in 2016 I didn’t miss in the playoffs when you came to SP. Heck SP has been close a bunch. It sucks, but it happens. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

The last two seasons. Yes I picked them to lose to Huntingdon both years. I didn’t pick against you in the semifinals once you defeated them though.I picked Greenback last season against you by 28 and I was close.  Now in 2016 I didn’t miss in the playoffs when you came to SP. Heck SP has been close a bunch. It sucks, but it happens. 

You said in last years semi final thread that we couldn’t handle Lake County’s speed because you saw how South Pitt gave us problems with speed back 2 years ago. 

43 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I had the opportunity to watch Huntingdung play last year and to watch Cornersville play. Saw them both live. I stated last year and this year that it was no fluke that Cornersville beat them last year they were better and it was obvious. I even quoted you in one of the top ten poll threads earlier when you stated that you thought Huntingdung was 2-3 scores better than Cornersville and last year was a fluke. Why did you not listen?  I have seen a lot of football and played a lot of football. I know west tn football. If you tried to tell me about east tn football I would take your word because that is your forte as you have watched it for many years and I have not. Next time listen. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I had the opportunity to watch Huntingdung play last year and to watch Cornersville play. Saw them both live. I stated last year and this year that it was no fluke that Cornersville beat them last year they were better and it was obvious. I even quoted you in one of the top ten poll threads earlier when you stated that you thought Huntingdung was 2-3 scores better than Cornersville and last year was a fluke. Why did you not listen?  I have seen a lot of football and played a lot of football. I know west tn football. If you tried to tell me about east tn football I would take your word because that is your forte as you have watched it for many years and I have not. Next time listen. 

You win some and lose some. I thought Huntingdon would get them in a pretty close game this year on the turf. It didn’t happen though. Been pretty spot on for the west 2A the last few seasons. I guess I just had a hard time believing the 2016 team that came to SP and got beat by 60 by a decent SP team could improve that much in a years time. I had Union City and Waverly last year in the semifinals with UC winning it all. I had Peabody and Waverly in this year’s with Peabody winning it all. Like I said I guess it’s just all because of what I saw in 2016 with a team full of sophomores.  They really improved the past two seasons for sure. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You win some and lose some. Been pretty spot on for the west 2A the last few seasons. I guess I just had a hard time believing the 2016 team that came to SP and got beat by 60 by a decent SP team could improve that much in a years time. I had Union City and Waverly last year in the semifinals with UC winning it all. I had Peabody and Waverly in this year’s with Peabody winning it all. Like I said I guess it’s just all because of what I saw in 2016 with a team full of sophomores.  They really improved the past two seasons for sure. 

You were wrong about UC vs Waverly in the semis last year just saying...

2 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

You were wrong about UC vs Waverly in the semis last year just saying...

Yes, that’s why I referenced it in that last post.  I missed on Waverly making it to the semifinals. That’s the one I’ve missed on the last two years in 2A. That’s why it started.. you win some and lose some. 

Edited by TheAmbassador