1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

8 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Based off of what I’ve seen from both teams, I think Cornersville has the edge. They are both very talented, but when I watch both of these teams I can’t help but notice just how physical Cornersville is. They hit hard, and they don’t quit. Whitaker runs downhill but is shifty and he’ll be hard to stop. And he isn’t the only threat Cornersville has which makes it even scarier. Whitwell has their own great talent as well, but I think all around Cornersville is better. In fact based off of what I’ve seen recently I think Cornersville could be the best team in 1A/2A combined. Their defense is second to none and they are extremely well conditioned. They now have the experience of playing in cookeville last year and by all means look a lot better this year than they did then. It’s been really interesting seeing both these teams improve so much over the past few years, but I’m gonna give the edge to Cornersville. 

Im predicting:

Cornersvile 28

Whitwell 17

Best team in 1A/2A will be the Whitwell Tigers after they win 1A and TC wins 2A.

2 hours ago, Justafan6980 said:

Whitwell is physical as well as having speed. C-ville better get ready to be hit for 4 qtrs as well cause they may get hit harder than they’ve all year. 

Cville won't be hit any harder than they've been hit all year, they've been hit hard. Huntingdon and WC hit them and figured out quick that they take it and hit back! I've been watching tough physical football in southern middle tn my whole life and this Cville bunch ranks right at the top in toughness. There's one thing that Wayne County could always count on when playing Cville, even when they weren't very good, is that they would be tough, and I know they'll say the same about WC. That's why there's so much respect being shown from all these schools surrounding this Cville bunch, GO DAWGS!

15 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Based off of what I’ve seen from both teams, I think Cornersville has the edge. They are both very talented, but when I watch both of these teams I can’t help but notice just how physical Cornersville is. They hit hard, and they don’t quit. Whitaker runs downhill but is shifty and he’ll be hard to stop. And he isn’t the only threat Cornersville has which makes it even scarier. Whitwell has their own great talent as well, but I think all around Cornersville is better. In fact based off of what I’ve seen recently I think Cornersville could be the best team in 1A/2A combined. Their defense is second to none and they are extremely well conditioned. They now have the experience of playing in cookeville last year and by all means look a lot better this year than they did then. It’s been really interesting seeing both these teams improve so much over the past few years, but I’m gonna give the edge to Cornersville. 

Im predicting:

Cornersvile 28

Whitwell 17

Post of the year. Put this boy in the CoachT Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DawgRadio said:

Interesting that Whitwell will have a Mr. Football Semi-Finalist, Hudson Petty, playing against a Mr. Football Finalist, Cameron Whitaker. Petty will be looking to prove something on the field.

On that same note, two of the Mr. Football finalist are out of the playoffs leaving only Cornersville's  Whitaker. Would be interesting if Greenback's Bryce Hanley gets it as some have alluded to earlier as hands down. 

Petty has nothing to prove. He stepped up Friday when our QB got hurt and did a job that was unbelievable. His leadership is impeccable. We know he’s great and don’t need some award to tell us otherwise. If anything needs proven it’s Petty showed up Hanley Friday Night.

People on this website are really letting these silly posters shape their opinion on our schedule. If you are under the assumption that we didn’t play anybody, please take a gander at our schedule and see how those teams fared. We’ve blanked some very good ball clubs. Whitwell has a very impressive resume with 2X SP wins and a win at The Creekbank, but I’d put the win at Huntingdon against all 3. When you look at who Huntingdon beat and how, and you factor in the “never lost a game at The Magic Carpet” fact, it’s as stout as any win in the 1 and 2 A.

1 minute ago, cornerback10 said:

People on this website are really letting these silly posters shape their opinion on our schedule. If you are under the assumption that we didn’t play anybody, please take a gander at our schedule and see how those teams fared. We’ve blanked some very good ball clubs. Whitwell has a very impressive resume with 2X SP wins and a win at The Creekbank, but I’d put the win at Huntingdon against all 3. When you look at who Huntingdon beat and how, and you factor in the “never lost a game at The Magic Carpet” fact, it’s as stout as any win in the 1 and 2 A.

The win at Huntingdon trumps all other wins for both teams

2 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

And won a game 4 hours away in a cold mud bowl! Cookeville and 55 degrees will have us playing in sandals and Panama Jack t shirts. As the kids says now.... “We want all the smoke.”