75 Nick Gibson Jr.  
76 Bailey Foss So.  
77 Peyton Tucker Jr.  
79 Noah Polk Sr.  
81 Peyton Finch Sr.  
83 Tanner Edwards Fr.  
84 Garrett Alder So.  

Head Coach: Gerard Randolph
Assistant Coaches: John Conklin, Eliot Cook, John Dyer, Sam Hubbel, Hayden McMahon, Dusty Nance, Louis Scheuchenzuber, Andy Woodard, Bradley Woodard

And I believe its around 15 8th graders coming up 

1 minute ago, wildcat89 said:

I think they'll be a mirror image of Cville from last year after Saturday to

Possibly so but this Whitwell team is way better than Cornersville’s team last year. Way more explosive. And all their key players are seniors. Cornersville’s were mainly juniors last year. Expect a good game. And you MUST rap up. Not just hit hard because they’ll bounce right off and continue on their way. Should be a good game. And they’ll try to hit ya with an over the top play about once a quarter. Winner will be whoever limits the big plays. GB drove it down their throat the whole night but couldn’t stop the big plays. 

1 minute ago, cherokee23 said:

Possibly so but this Whitwell team is way better than Cornersville’s team last year. Way more explosive. And all their key players are seniors. Cornersville’s were mainly juniors last year. Expect a good game. And you MUST rap up. Not just hit hard because they’ll bounce right off and continue on their way. Should be a good game. And they’ll try to hit ya with an over the top play about once a quarter. Winner will be whoever limits the big plays. GB drove it down their throat the whole night but couldn’t stop the big plays. 

Cville's secondary will stay home and not bite in, they're as disciplined as they come

2 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

The Bulldogs are a great tackling team. Gonna be 3 or 4 around the ball a lot. Limiting big plays will be key for both teams.

Alright I have been sitting back and reading all the comments from both sides and I'm giving congratulations to both teams for making it to the title game. When you consider all you have to go through to get to this point it's quite an accomplishment and that's saying the least. Both teams have the motivation and the where with all to take home the coveted Gold Ball. It's the chance of a lifetime for all these fine young men. All the sacrifice and hard work along with some good fortune has brought this meeting of these two teams to the Pinnacle of 1A football. The chance to play for a State Championship. In all of this, there has to be a winner and a loser. Now I'm not PC at all so I say that there is going to be a team that loses this game. It's that simple. No body wants to walk away with the Silver Ball. No body. In my gut, I'm going with The Dawgs in this game. I don't have a long drawn out analysis or a power point presentation. It's very simple. Cville has been winning on the road this post season. That's all. Whitwell earned the right to play all their playoff games at home. I know that's where I would want to play if I were in their shoes just like we all would. However, I give the advantage to the Corndawgs because they know the feeling of losing this game. They have unfinished business to take care of this week and they are not going to be denied. Also, I'm from the West and I always pull for teams from my side of the state. With that said. GO DAWGS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

No more than anyone else. 

I actually think Whitwell will be a slight computer favorite with the schedule and results they've had.  But I honestly think Cornersville will prevail. 

I picked Whitwell to win.  And I'm trying real hard to hold on to that.  But there are certain people out there that are making it very difficult to do.  I'm trying to be the bigger person here. I really am.  But I'm losing that grip.

Some folks out there know what I'm saying. 

I know what your saying ST

• Upvote 1

The Tiger's tougher competition through out the year will be the difference in this one.  Cornersville bring's home the silver again like last year. Whitwell is just in another class, and so many of us have been trying to tell so many people on here that this year. I say Whitwell by 14. Congrats to both team's but the actual 1a championship IMO was played this last Friday when Whitwell took down mighty Greenback.  Whitwell high School. 2018 1A state champions!!!!!

• Like 1