1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

16 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I've not seen cornersville this year but I have seen whitwell play several times. Whitwell has a good football team but they are not near as good as some of their fans think. Call it luck or whatever but their last two games could and should have been losses they caught several breaks both games. Did they still get the W,Yes but they can easily be beat.  I think it will be a good game probably one the best this weekend. 

What do you call it when SP pulls out close games under Coach Grider? Do you call it luck?  Also RB=Tiger...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

What do you call it when SP pulls out close games under Coach Grider? Do you call it luck?  Also RB=Tiger...

Sometimes yes that's exactly what it is it's part of the game. Just how the game goes sometimes didn't mean any disrespect by it.  In the end whitwell found ways to get it done and they are the best team in the east.  I've heard several fans(Not nessisarly on coacht) say this is one of the best teams to come through the valley etc... and it's no where even close. Good team yes but no where near some valley teams I've witnessed in the past.   I'm not going to argue about the nj deal but we will see.

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Wait a minute.. 1 in the first game wasn’t a strip when the QB dropped the ball and the 1 by Raulston in the second game sure wasn’t a strip. That’s the one where he hit the ground and the ball came out.  So that’s at least two for sure. 

Ronto and Brayden both got stripped in the first game I can send you the videos

In the last game against Whitwell, 3 of the best catches I've ever saw in single A occurred. The boys just went up and over and twisted their bodies to catch the ball. You can call it kick or skill or whichever but their best made plays over our best. SP dominated that game except for those handful of plays. Sometimes that's all you need. This Cornersville team is the same one SP thumped in 2016. A lot of those young men have gained valuable experience the last 2 years and are similar to whitwell IMO

20 minutes ago, powerp said:

In the last game against Whitwell, 3 of the best catches I've ever saw in single A occurred. The boys just went up and over and twisted their bodies to catch the ball. You can call it kick or skill or whichever but their best made plays over our best. SP dominated that game except for those handful of plays. Sometimes that's all you need. This Cornersville team is the same one SP thumped in 2016. A lot of those young men have gained valuable experience the last 2 years and are similar to whitwell IMO

9 of the starting sr have started since fr. They have a whole lot of experience and most  have been playing together since 5yrs old

10 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Didn’t SP fumble 3 times? One time the QB did not get stripped. Then the FB did not get stripped in round 3. Im not a smart man but 1 plus 1 equals 2 which is what I said. LMBO

If it's the one I'm thinking, looked like our qb lost the handle by one of our linemen pulling. We may have stripped the ball ourselves.