1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

4 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

Okay see i was lost my bad I don’t take the time to read back, I thought you was talking about this year 1st meet, ronto got stripped on the 1 and so did Brayden 

I knew of those 2 strips.  We also had a pulling guard I think that disrupted the ball from or qb's hand.  But now I can't remember if it was a turnover or not. I'm thinking it was. 

Seen Whitwell last week and Cornersville on film. I don’t believe Whitwell has an individual player on their defense that is as good as #65 for C’ville. But I do believe Whitwell’s D as a whole is better. I mean you did hold GB to 21 points. For Whitwell to win, I believe that someone other than the usual 2-3 players will have to make a play. Possibly Thunder or Jaren or another player. But if Cornersville doesn’t stop Petty that’s ball game. Must stop Petty or they are way to difficult to beat. Stop him and you have a chance. Unfortunately, GB let Petty and Wingo get loose about 4-5 times and it hurt badly. 

1 minute ago, cherokee23 said:

Seen Whitwell last week and Cornersville on film. I don’t believe Whitwell has an individual player on their defense that is as good as #65 for C’ville. But I do believe Whitwell’s D as a whole is better. I mean you did hold GB to 21 points. For Whitwell to win, I believe that someone other than the usual 2-3 players will have to make a play. Possibly Thunder or Jaren or another player. But if Cornersville doesn’t stop Petty that’s ball game. Must stop Petty or they are way to difficult to beat. Stop him and you have a chance. Unfortunately, GB let Petty and Wingo get loose about 4-5 times and it hurt badly. 

If baby bro was healthy last week and could cut the lanes was there 

13 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Cornersville’s defense is much better than whitwells. Whitwells is good though. Cville held Huntingdon to 7 points...

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Cornersville’s defense is much better than whitwells. Whitwells is good though. Cville held Huntingdon to 7 points...

A lot of that was coaching, there was only about 8-12 plays where I couldn’t tell where it was going. If I can tell the guy getting paid to stop offense better be able to lol 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

That’s where you are wrong. Not throwing shade or anything at the west. But the talent level has dropped off the past 2 years. The competition is absolutely terrible across the state of Tennessee. I understand that you held Huntingdon to 7 points. But with the offense they run, if you figure out how to stop it once, you’ll stop it from there on out. You force them to do what they aren’t used to. But it seemed as if the coach was too stubborn to change his play calling and it cost them. I know Cornersville’s defense is good. But athletic ability goes to Whitwell. Nobody will convince me otherwise. C’ville has a good front 7 but they’re back end is not great. They match up pretty well but I still stay Whitwell. Too much speed, strength, and physicality. I will say, if C’ville can block the front line pretty good, they’ll have lanes to run in. Could possibly break a few long runs. But to win, you have to stop them too.

• Thanks 1