6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

4 hours ago, kwc said:

Before the season started in the summer of 2018, there were 16 Whitehaven players who received college scholarship offers to play football. You've read about some. There are others with offers to smaller schools. There is a sophomore on the Whitehaven team who currently has an offer from the University of Memphis.

Before the season began I started tracking all of the players and schools with young men who were being offered scholarships before the season started and not just Whitehaven players. I created a thread called Memphis Area Players Being Recruited - 2019 and placed it in the General Football Forum. If you are interested, go here.

I don't think Whitehaven is done in that regard as well because, as far as I know, Sean Wilder doesn't have an offer and I don't see him not getting one. He's a 6'-2", 180 lb. Cornerback with great cover and tackling skills. It's just a matter of time with him.  If he's received an offer I haven't heard about it.

If Whitehaven loses with that much talent wellll... I’m still wondering how they ever got beat. I’ve read all the post but still??  Just because of that I’ll go with Oakland in a real close one. 

Oakland-16

Whitahaven-13

Edited by Springbrookrat

Well, after a lot of info on the players I must say it looks like the 2 best teams have made it to the final.   Should be competitive and exciting.   Oakland fans don't do a lot of smack talk due to the fact that talk is just that.   We let the players do all the talking with their play.    Hope lots of fans make the trip to see some good football.   Good luck to Whitehaven and hope for a injury free game.   Have a safe trip.    Go Patriots and bring home a 4th Gold Ball. 

30 minutes ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

Well, after a lot of info on the players I must say it looks like the 2 best teams have made it to the final.   Should be competitive and exciting.   Oakland fans don't do a lot of smack talk due to the fact that talk is just that.   We let the players do all the talking with their play.    Hope lots of fans make the trip to see some good football.   Good luck to Whitehaven and hope for a injury free game.   Have a safe trip.    Go Patriots and bring home a 4th Gold Ball. 

It should be. I know the post season has been a dog fight just about every game. The first round game WH won pretty convincingly. Every game afterwards we're competitive. Very competitive. Houston, Germantown, and Ravenwood we're all really good opponents that required laser intense focus. I expect nothing less from Oakland. 

Man ... Is it Wednesday yet?

1 hour ago, kwc said:

It should be. I know the post season has been a dog fight just about every game. The first round game WH won pretty convincingly. Every game afterwards we're competitive. Very competitive. Houston, Germantown, and Ravenwood we're all really good opponents that required laser intense focus. I expect nothing less from Oakland. 

Man ... Is it Wednesday yet?

It will be in about 30 minutes!

18 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

This self-made leader board has always made me trip. It's nice to see folks keeping up with it

It's a graphical representation of the raw data acquired from various sources. In the 10 years of 6A (under three different systems) there have only been 8 different teams play for the championship. Now if Oakland and Ravenwood would quit changing helmets...

Edited by Red Rebels

I'll be calling this game tomorrow night on 93.9 FM and have a ton of respect for both of these Coaching staffs.   Some of you folks saying that Oakland's staff will "out coach" Whitehaven don't know those guys.   We're talking about two extremely talented teams and two excellent staff's.  

This game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes, PERIOD!   This will be the first time all season Oakland has walked on the field and didn't have more talent than the team on the other side of the line of scrimmage.  Whitehaven has a ton of next level talent, just like Oakland has.  

Penalties and Turnovers will decide this game!   Coaching and talent will not.   Who is better prepared?   That will decide this one.   You're dealing with 15-18 year old kids and you never know week to week what your gonna get.  

For those of you saying Whitehaven will get outcoached:   Please listen to this interview I had with Rodney Saulsberry back in October and let me know if you still fill that way.   Coach Harman has been with Coach Saulsberry since High School.    Those guys know football!  I call the staff assessment even!  Here is the interview I had with Coach Saulsberry.  His interview is at the 50 minute mark of this show if you'd like to skip ahead:

Rodney Saulsberry on The Friday Main Event

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1