This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I like your confidence,but we are not Stone Memorial!Change MY mind LOL!

In all honesty 91 you all should beat us 100% of the time.You have 1600 students we have 230 it shouldn't even be a ball game. For you to even say that we could possibly win three of those 10 games it's kind of embarrassing.Just my opinion tho.

But i think it would be more like 5/5.

I believe the enrollment is over 1800. 

When I say 7-3, I am taking into account the fact that WB has those WTF games. They followed up the biggest win in a decade (at DB) with the biggest loss in two decades (first loss to Heritage since '96) the very next week. 

So yeah, even with the current realities of WB football, I would still say WB would win more often than not. I will compromise and say 6-4.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

9 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I have been told from credible sources at WB that they tried to schedule Greenback this year and their calls went unanswered. No offense to Greenback, but I don't think WB is scared to play them. Worst case scenario is WB would win 7 of the games if we played them 10 times. Try to change my mind. Lol 

In what time frame did they try...if it was close to the first of the year, you missed the bus. 

If GB had a home/home series with WB...talk about a major way to draw in more players for GB from WB, it would be like going in and raiding somebody's cupboard...this assumption is solely based on the past history between WB and GB.

Edited by cherokean

40 minutes ago, cherokean said:

In what time frame did they try...if it was close to the first of the year, you missed the bus. 

If GB had a home/home series with WB...talk about a major way to draw in more players for GB from WB, it would be like going in and raiding somebody's cupboard...this assumption is solely based on the past history between WB and GB.

It would be like a huge playoff game,standing room only.Yes there would be ROACHES in ALL the cuoboards!:roflol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I believe the enrollment is over 1800. 

When I say 7-3, I am taking into account the fact that WB has those WTF games. They followed up the biggest win in a decade (at DB) with the biggest loss in two decades (first loss to Heritage since '96) the very next week. 

So yeah, even with the current realities of WB football, I would still say WB would win more often than not. I will compromise and say 6-4.

With basically a 900 to 100 boy to boy school ave,taking 1800 students to 230 students and giving a 50% from boy to girl ratio.For the life of me i cant understand why you all cant field a .500 team!!

5 hours ago, cherokean said:

Whose assumption? Mine or yours? 

All we really have to go on is jamborees (at least for the past decade or so).

The only jamboree losses to Greenback in recent memory that I can recall were in 2008 (A WB team that was devastated by preseason injuries and had a freshman qb starting most of the year) and 2018.  It is possible that I am forgetting another one too, but it isn't even 7 am yet.

You also have to take into account that most of the times they have played in jamborees have been second quarters for WB, so we had backups in or a mixture of backups and starters. Even so, WB has bested GB more often than not.

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

With basically a 900 to 100 boy to boy school ave,taking 1800 students to 230 students and giving a 50% from boy to girl ratio.For the life of me i cant understand why you all cant field a .500 team!!

Well, to be fair, you aren't exactly playing on an even playing field when all of your best players are going to other schools. That kind of negates the advantage of superior numbers.  But even so, yes, a school with 1800 kids ought to be better than a school with 230 students.

We recently had a once in a generation talent decide he would rather go to Maryville and sit on the bench a few years than stay at WB and start 4 years. Such a shame.

Then 32Hammer tells us that the adults at WB are cowards running from competition because we dont play Alcoa. I don't know him personally, but others have told me 32Hammer is a WB alum who decided to send his kids to Alcoa because it would be easier to be successful there and win. Talk about running from adversity and competition. Lol

59 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Well, to be fair, you aren't exactly playing on an even playing field when all of your best players are going to other schools. That kind of negates the advantage of superior numbers.  But even so, yes, a school with 1800 kids ought to be better than a school with 230 students.

We recently had a once in a generation talent decide he would rather go to Maryville and sit on the bench a few years than stay at WB and start 4 years. Such a shame.

Then 32Hammer tells us that the adults at WB are cowards running from competition because we dont play Alcoa. I don't know him personally, but others have told me 32Hammer is a WB alum who decided to send his kids to Alcoa because it would be easier to be successful there and win. Talk about running from adversity and competition. Lol

Ouch 91!I know Hammer personally and im sure he will reply.LOL!

And in support of hammer and some other folks I know that have sent their kids other places or would if they could.I don't think it's a competition they running from there's a lot of negativity there that school and other things going on that they don't want their children around,but that's hearsay as far as I'm concerned but it's out there

Edited by orngnblk
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I will give you this you usually make good points (other than when you're complaining about referees in your games LOL).It Is extremely hard for a team with 35 kids who actually have probably 14 or 15 that can actually play the game at a safe level to go against the team who dress 70 kids on the sidelines and can platoon kids in and out for a whole four quarters. The teams we play against are just like us for the most part they have to play both ways 90% of the game and by the end of the game we're all wore out. When you've got the depth of a 6A School playing against a school even if the 1A school is a top-notch caliber team chances are against that team most of the time for the length of the game. And most of the time it's not worth scheduling teams of that size because that very same thing tired kids playing against fresh kids are more apt to get hurt later in the game. We will see what kind of mustard we have this year when we play Lenoir City they have been a playoff team for the past 3 years we will see if we can hold up for four quarters against them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Ok. My younger son wanted to go to Alcoa. So I sent him, its been a great decision. What kind of parent would not want his child to be successful?  Great teammates, great environment, great coaches, high quality people surrounding my son every day at his school. All of the football coaches do things the right way and reinforce the values I'm teaching my son.

This was not the case when my older son went to WB. He regretted it.

A while back, someone told me only one former WB football player from 1983-1986 sent their kid to WB to play football. That says volumes.

I stand by my comments and the objective evidence is heavily n my favor. I can rehash my comments, but I feel there is no need.  I do wish these local kids would get to play each other.

As far as me running from adversity or competition, ask anyone that does know me. I'm far from perfect, but no one with any credibility would ever accuse me of either of those things. Ask folks that have trained with me or competed against me. You are also welcome to do this as well. 

By sending my son to Alcoa,I did what was in the best interest of my son and it was a great decision.  4.1 GPA. 30 plus club on the ACT, never had any disciple issues in school and very respectful, yes, I'm proud of my sons. I don't  live vicariously through them, but I do need to be the best parent I can be. Putting your child in the best situation as well as removing him from a potential toxic environment is just responsible parenting

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

And in support of hammer and some other folks I know that have sent their kids other places or would if they could.I don't think it's a competition they running from there's a lot of negativity there that school and other things going on that they don't want their children around,but that's hearsay as far as I'm concerned but it's out there

Thanks for the support, ONB. You nailed it.  I could go into all the negative stuff but this isn't the place.

Sorry about kinda highjacking the GB thread my friend, but like you said, I was called out, so I had to respond. lol

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Ok. My younger son wanted to go to Alcoa. So I sent him, its been a great decision. What kind of parent would not want his child to be successful?  Great teammates, great environment, great coaches, high quality people surrounding my son every day at his school. All of the football coaches do things the right way and reinforce the values I'm teaching my son.

This was not the case when my older son went to WB. He regretted it.

A while back, someone told me only one former WB football player from 1983-1986 sent their kid to WB to play football. That says volumes.

I stand by my comments and the objective evidence is heavily n my favor. I can rehash my comments, but I feel there is no need.  I do wish these local kids would get to play each other.

As far as me running from adversity or competition, ask anyone that does know me. I'm far from perfect, but no one with any credibility would ever accuse me of either of those things. Ask folks that have trained with me or competed against me. You are also welcome to do this as well. 

By sending my son to Alcoa,I did what was in the best interest of my son and it was a great decision.  4.1 GPA. 30 plus club on the ACT, never had any disciple issues in school and very respectful, yes, I'm proud of my sons. I don't  live vicariously through them, but I do need to be the best parent I can be. Putting your child in the best situation as well as removing him from a potential toxic environment is just responsible parenting

Thanks for the support, ONB. You nailed it.  I could go into all the negative stuff but this isn't the place.

Sorry about kinda highjacking the GB thread my friend, but like you said, I was called out, so I had to respond. lol

I am just giving you a hard time, but I still dont understand why you are so obsessed with playing WB. That game doesn't serve either team, and I would think Alcoa would be interested in scheduling a team that could compete with them because they dont get many competitive games with their cupcake schedule.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

what negativity? In the football program or the school as a whole?

I was in school there a decade ago, and it was a good school. My niece just graduated from there in December. She did really well academically and liked it there. 

When I was in school, the excuse was that Maryville and Alcoa were better academically. And now that WB is getting more recognition as a good academic school, people talk about the culture at WB.  I call bs on most of it. Do Maryville and Alcoa have perfect cultures? No, that is pretty obvious to me, but nobody seems to care when their team is winning gold balls.

59 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I am just giving you a hard time, but I still dont understand why you are so obsessed with playing WB. That game doesn't serve either team, and I would think Alcoa would be interested in scheduling a team that could compete with them because they dont get many competitive games with their cupcake schedule.

I just think the local kids should get to play each other. And I know you're just trying to get a rise out of me, LOl.  Alcoa's out of region schedule includes Maryville, DB and Blackman. Not bad for a 3A school.

Here's the thing about WB not playing Alcoa that bugs me, if adults are going to give kids grief about not competing, the adults need to set an example that gives them credibility. That came from a WB (now former) parent.

WB has some great teachers, Henderson is an outstanding wrestling coach and they hit a home run with BB coach Wendle, so there are positive things going on there. But there are some issues with the FB program.

All that being said, I've got to respect your devotion and loyalty.

• Like 1