This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

4 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I saw a young man that looked like he was as hard as anvil walking into school the other day when I was dropping mine off. This kid has been hitting the weights for sure. Is that the LB/FB?

Our guys are working hard in the weight room too.  We didn't have the luxury of a field house and weight room like the kids have now but the kids seem to be benefiting from it.  The off season work is a difference maker,  but cardio is a concern to me. A lot of kids want to pump the iron but not get out and run.

14 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Our guys are working hard in the weight room too.  We didn't have the luxury of a field house and weight room like the kids have now but the kids seem to be benefiting from it.  The off season work is a difference maker,  but cardio is a concern to me. A lot of kids want to pump the iron but not get out and run.

The running part is just as important as the weight lifting!

7 hours ago, ladykee said:

Weight room work is important but being in shape is crucial. Nobody cares whether you bench 200# or 400# if your tongue is hanging out by the end of the 3rd quarter! Speed and endurance kills! I hope we run the guys this off season until they are puking lol.

Take it easy on us in the semifinals this coming season. When is the next Willis coming through Greenback after your boy graduates?

• 2 weeks later...