Champion of champions bracket

powerp

7 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Enlighten me on the 97 TC team. I was 5 at the time.

I don't have the time right now... too much to list

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

I remember watching SP choke away the 98 game at Trousdale. That may be the best SP team to not go play for it all. Eddie Moore's senior year.

And we were probably 2-3 touchdowns better the year before.

Edited by SEVEN

1 hour ago, cornerback10 said:

Never mind 

FE1C8AFA-B641-43E8-90E8-7910C9FEFD6A.png

back in the day of only 5 classifications. First 3 rounds of the playoffs would be Nashville privates that were in the hey day of recruiting. 4 round was consistanty trousdale vs south pitt for the state championship. championship game was basically some poor team from out west getting decimated.

our place kicker still holds a record from the 98 clinic bowl, 9 consecutive PAT’s in a championship game.

straight to kicking, with the boot. lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Out of the teams listed, 05 Trousdale is the best. They even defeated the 3A state champs that year. I saw some of the other teams listed in person. I'll stick with my choice.

I am unbiased. I can assure you the 97 and 98 Trousdale teams were better than the 2005 team. It was a good one too, but trust me.. Those 97-98.. man oh man. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

I am unbiased. I can assure you the 97 and 98 Trousdale teams were better than the 2005 team. It was a good one too, but trust me.. Those 97-98.. man oh man. 

I don't disagree. I played against the 97-98 teams. I was just talking about the teams in the original post. Out of them 05 TC is the best.

Just now, croz6110 said:

I don't disagree. I played against the 97-98 teams. I was just talking about the teams in the original post. Out of them 05 TC is the best.

I gotcha.. I’m not so sure the 98-99 SP teams weren’t some of the best ones ever as well. I saw the 2005 Trousdale team. Small in numbers, but large in heart. They were definitely a very good team as well. 

41 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

back in the day of only 5 classifications. First 3 rounds of the playoffs would be Nashville privates that were in the hey day of recruiting. 4 round was consistanty trousdale vs south pitt for the state championship. championship game was basically some poor team from out west getting decimated.

our place kicker still holds a record from the 98 clinic bowl, 9 consecutive PAT’s in a championship game.

straight to kicking, with the boot. lol

I have searched for the schedule and scores of the 97 team but didn't have any luck.

Edited by leadfarmer

4 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

2014 Union City scored 756 points on the year through 14 games & only gave up 117. 

I think 2014 UC would win this whole thing. Dang they were good 

If you're trying to compare them to the 97 TC team, please don't. It wouldn't even be a contest. If you're referring to the original bracket, I'll respect your opinion :wink: