Greeneville Football 2019

SwapNShop

55 minutes ago, VolBall85 said:

Is there a reason he did not apply?

I don't know what they were, but I am sure that he had his reasons.  Not anybody's business unless he decides to talk about it.  Eddie and his family are good people and close friends.  Not a question I am going to ask.  

12 minutes ago, HTV said:

I don't know what they were, but I am sure that he had his reasons.  Not anybody's business unless he decides to talk about it.  Eddie and his family are good people and close friends.  Not a question I am going to ask.  

Who else is Outsiders? 

Wes Jones eliminated? 

Keeping in house seemed like the right answer. However, does not seem like that guy is in the room or applied, if it is taking this long. 

29 minutes ago, EastTNGoogleGuy said:

Who else is Outsiders? 

Wes Jones eliminated? 

Keeping in house seemed like the right answer. However, does not seem like that guy is in the room or applied, if it is taking this long. 

Hammonds got the head coaching position, he should be thankful for the quillens private meeting with Starnes about a new press box 

Hammonds definitely should be thankful for that meeting, because he was NOT the most qualified candidate for the head coach position at GHS. Just hope that same $$ can win football games. Sounds like everyone who didn’t get the job should sit back and say “Thank You” Because they’ve got quite a show to watch unfold now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Digger20 said:

Hammonds definitely should be thankful for that meeting, because he was NOT the most qualified candidate for the head coach position at GHS. Just hope that same $$ can win football games. Sounds like everyone who didn’t get the job should sit back and say “Thank You” Because they’ve got quite a show to watch unfold now. 

Who do you believe the most qualified person for the job that actually applied was?  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Eddie and his family are Definitely good people HTV.  Heck of a Guy, weight room trainer, and football coach.  He reminds me a lot of Pruitt at UT

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Green2green said:

I’d argue the case that he was possibly the best hire in house or out 

Wasn’t it Hammond’s making the defense calls/adjustments behind the seems in the end anyhow???    Does anyone know How long has Hammonds been around/involved in Football?  Doesn’t he have more experience overall then Spradlin???     

Edited by Romansfive8

9 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Wasn’t it Hammond’s making the defense calls/adjustments behind the seems in the end anyhow???    Does anyone know How long has Hammonds been around/involved in Football?  Doesn’t he have more experience overall then Spradlin???     

They both started the same time at Greeneville then Hammonds quit 2 years ago cause he was tired of the administration and thought he was gonna get the head coaching job at Gat-Pit but didn’t even get an interview

Thrn came back as a position coach who didn’t even show up for AM or PM workouts during spring training last year and who also threatened to quit before the head coaching position came open this year 

23 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Hammonds was a former RB for Cocke Co and then played RB at Emory and Henry.  He started coaching at Greeneville in 2005 as a OLB coach and also helped with RB's when it was offensive periods.  Worked his way up to D coordinator under Ballard before he left two years ago to coach at GP under his relative and Legendary Coach Benny Hammonds thinking he would get the head job when Benny retired that next year.  That job went to Derrick Rang

Edited by Swipes

4 minutes ago, Green2green said:

They both started the same time at Greeneville then Hammonds quit 2 years ago cause he was tired of the administration and thought he was gonna get the head coaching job at Gat-Pit but didn’t even get an interview

Thrn came back as a position coach who didn’t even show up for AM or PM workouts during spring training last year and who also threatened to quit before the head coaching position came open this year 

Don't know about the rest of your statement but your not correct about them starting at the same time.  Hammonds started coaching at Greeneville on 05 and Spradlen started in 07 as the DB's Coach

10 minutes ago, Green2green said:

Lawdy Lawdy .... Just cause your “guy” didn’t get it let’s stay calm (lol). Go Devils!