2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County doesn't play in jamborees because they use the last scrimmage as a real game. Kickoffs ,punts and first downs. 12 minute clock. The starters play 3 quarters and the jv play the 4th qtr. 

We’ve been doing that for all of our scrimmages for the last couple of years (except kickoff and punt returns are blown dead before contact). Our scrimmage with Milan this past Friday was a full 48 minutes with most game rules intact. Even had refs. 

1 minute ago, PatriotNation said:

How do yall see the scrimmage this Friday against Powerhouse MBA going? Will HC be able to keep up and compete? Will the O-Line show improvement from so many false start penalties again Milan? Will be interesting to see how this one goes!

MBA is always a great measuring stick. They handled us pretty good last year and we still ended up in the state championship game. In fact, the only time I can remember “beating” them in the varsity portion of one of these scrimmages was in 2013, and that was because of a pick 6. 

This is an annual learning experience, and usually a humbling one. I won’t be able to make the trip, but I hope to read some updates if anyone travels. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSURacer said:

MBA is always a great measuring stick. They handled us pretty good last year and we still ended up in the state championship game. In fact, the only time I can remember “beating” them in the varsity portion of one of these scrimmages was in 2013, and that was because of a pick 6. 

This is an annual learning experience, and usually a humbling one. I won’t be able to make the trip, but I hope to read some updates if anyone travels. 

Exactly right. We honestly shouldn’t beat them. If we do, we’re extra special or they’re down. It’s a great scrimmage to see where we are though and to get us ready for that juggernaut of a schedule we have, especially the non-region portion of it. Just need to learn and come out of it healthy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Very true about last season! I dont expect to "beat" them but I do expect to see our boys compete and hopefully at least stay within 2 TD's. It's all about learning and getting better! I sure hope someone can provide updates on how it goes. I dont know the TE from MBA last year but that was not a high school kid! That was an NFL player! LOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

Very true about last season! I dont expect to "beat" them but I do expect to see our boys compete and hopefully at least stay within 2 TD's. It's all about learning and getting better! I sure hope someone can provide updates on how it goes. I dont know the TE from MBA last year but that was not a high school kid! That was an NFL player! LOL!

I have a buddy that’s going and is going to text me updates. I’ll try to pass them on when I get them. GBR

• Like 1