West Tn Class A

Intense

5 hours ago, Intense said:

IF TCA gets 20 points from post play they will win game.  Guards will take care of ball.  They have improved in the areas you are alluding to.  They are not taking as many bad shots in the 4th or turning it over as often in the 4th.  If GC gets hot from 3, they will be hard to stop. 

Respectfully, disagree.

21 minutes ago, Intense said:

I appreciate that but I have seen every single game they have played this year.  Guards are getting much better and the 8th graders handle it pretty well so we have depth at guard.  

It will definitely be interesting to see how it goes tomm. with a lot on the line. I don't know if it will happen but we faceguarded Chloe and Tess and they had about 20 pts. between them when we played Greenfield and I don't think we have done that again yet. I am talking about chin to chin all night and don't come off to help another defender. That is what happend to USJ the other night. 2 Jones girls got faceguarded and it shut USJ to 16 points. I am not so sure I wouldn't do that with Howell and Lee. GC is very deep and if you shut them two down you would have a good chance, IMO. Never know what kind of game plans will happen in tournament time. 

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It will definitely be interesting to see how it goes tomm. with a lot on the line. I don't know if it will happen but we faceguarded Chloe and Tess and they had about 20 pts. between them when we played Greenfield and I don't think we have done that again yet. I am talking about chin to chin all night and don't come off to help another defender. That is what happend to USJ the other night. 2 Jones girls got faceguarded and it shut USJ to 16 points. I am not so sure I wouldn't do that with Howell and Lee. GC is very deep and if you shut them two down you would have a good chance, IMO. Never know what kind of game plans will happen in tournament time. 

TCA has a very good coach and so does GC.  It will be a battle of the minds tomorrow night. IMO, TCA has the better athletes on the whole but GC has better fundamentals, with the exception of #4 for TCA. It will be a battle of the coaches and their adjustments, IMO. Looking forward to it because the winner stays away from Greenfield and makes it to the Boro.  

19 minutes ago, BullShark said:

TCA has a very good coach and so does GC.  It will be a battle of the minds tomorrow night. IMO, TCA has the better athletes on the whole but GC has better fundamentals, with the exception of #4 for TCA. It will be a battle of the coaches and their adjustments, IMO. Looking forward to it because the winner stays away from Greenfield and makes it to the Boro.  

I am taking one game at a time. TCA has better post play obviously because they play two posts. I will take GC's guards all day long over a bunch of them. White, Lannom, Neal, Ball, Bass, Sweat, J White. We are deep at posts but normally we only play one post. Next year our team will be post heavy. Hunt, Hart, Zoe Neal, Amy Lee and 2 will start, IMO. 

Edited by pioneer42

31 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am taking one game at a time. TCA has better post play obviously because they play two posts. I will take GC's guards all day long over a bunch of them. White, Lannom, Neal, Ball, Bass, Sweat, J White. We are deep at posts but normally we only play one post. Next year our team will be post heavy. Hunt, Hart, Zoe Neal, Amy Lee and 2 will start, IMO. 

GC has outstanding guards and that worries us!  As you have stated before, there’s not hardly any drop off when he substitutes.  That makes it really hard when we rotate.  If GC is hitting threes, it could be a long night for us.  We have to close out on those threes and hope that they are not on!  I would be curious as to how many turnovers GC averages a game?  My guess is 8 or 9, which is phenomenal!

55 minutes ago, BullShark said:

You nailed it about the Boro!  I believe the winner tommorrow night will be in the boro.  Loser could be BUT they have a mountain named Greenfield to get past!

50 minutes ago, Intense said:

GC has outstanding guards and that worries us!  As you have stated before, there’s not hardly any drop off when he substitutes.  That makes it really hard when we rotate.  If GC is hitting threes, it could be a long night for us.  We have to close out on those threes and hope that they are not on!  I would be curious as to how many turnovers GC averages a game?  My guess is 8 or 9, which is phenomenal!

GC is loaded with quality depth and has been for last two years. Just play 8 or so in tournments, but he is 10-12 deep.We have played well in that department last few games. The game against TCA at your place I would say we had 8 or so and yow had about 11 or 12 just guessing. Yow didn't turn the ball over much until the 4th. We had a couple in the 4th too, but I thought TCA and us played well that game. I thought yow played 10 times better in the loss than you did the win against us. I think TCA and GC are both good teams. West TN is just loaded with good Single A teams. It seemed like when we were in AA it was easier to get to state. Now we got us, TCA, Greenfield, Dresden, Gleason, Trenton Peabody, Union City and Bradford to go through to get there. Not easy at all. I think whoever makes it there from our region will have a punchers chance to win it all because they are so battle tested. I think that is the reason Greenfield was so calm and cool last year when they faced some adversity.

Edited by pioneer42

41 minutes ago, Intense said:

You nailed it about the Boro!  I believe the winner tommorrow night will be in the boro.  Loser could be BUT they have a mountain named Greenfield to get past!

I wouldn't count out Gleason. They scared Greenfield last night. They were up 10 late in the second and Greenfield was a couple of missed shots from being in bad trouble with that ball control offense. We beat them the first time by 17 or so and the second time we beat hem by 7 and we trailed by 8 at half. They are well coached and very disciplined.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I wouldn't count out Gleason. They scared Greenfield last night. They were up 10 late in the second and Greenfield was a couple of missed shots from being in bad trouble with that ball control offense. We beat them the first time by 17 or so and the second time we beat hem by 7 and we trailed by 8 at half. They are well coached and very disciplined.

If Gleason gets a good game from Burton and when Atkins is knocking down shots, they are a tough team to beat. They can beat anybody if they get a good game from those two players.