West Tn Class A

Intense

10 hours ago, Intense said:

GC vs TCA.  Should be a classic.  I think the Vegas oddsmakers would rule this a toss up!  GC has home court advantage BUT TCA has beaten them at GC the last three times.  GC does all of the litttle things well. They box out, play great position defense, don’t turn it over and take good shots.  They just don’t make mistakes.  They are not super talented but talented enough.  Shoot the three extremely well. TCA is extremely talented, long and athletic and now have depth.  They aren’t quite as basketball savvy as GC.  Lee and Howell will get theirs and do their thing.......key will be TCA’s post play!  If they show up they could win by 6 or 8.  If they don’t, they could lose by 6 or 8. Crowd will definitely be in GC’s favor. I’m taking TCA by 3. Much respect for GC’s team, coach, program and fans!  Good luck to both teams Monday night!  I believe the winner will be in Murfreesboro! 

I have to disagree on the posts being the key to the win here.  IMO, TCA has the best post players in the district and probably the region.  It is undoubtedly a huge advantage for them especially on the offensive boards, but post season play is all about the guards.  Posts can't get the ball if the guards don't take care of it.  I think the key to this game is the guards taking care of the ball against GC's pressure.  TCA has a tendency to get a little sloppy and turn the ball over when they are up in the fourth.  I think the key will be the guards in the fourth quarter not turning the ball over and the team not taking ill advised shots.  It is going to be a great game.  Good luck to both teams.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Moore- McNeil is not shooting well. She's got to break out of this shooting slump for the Jackets to win it all.

For the record, I don't see how you beat a team that presses the whole game and not press back. I thought Chloe got better in the second half going to the rim and still was a force even though she was off on her threes. I think they are beatable but you have to play aggressive on both ends for four quarters. Definitely a really good team and could definitely win it all. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

I have to disagree on the posts being the key to the win here.  IMO, TCA has the best post players in the district and probably the region.  It is undoubtedly a huge advantage for them especially on the offensive boards, but post season play is all about the guards.  Posts can't get the ball if the guards don't take care of it.  I think the key to this game is the guards taking care of the ball against GC's pressure.  TCA has a tendency to get a little sloppy and turn the ball over when they are up in the fourth.  I think the key will be the guards in the fourth quarter not turning the ball over and the team not taking ill advised shots.  It is going to be a great game.  Good luck to both teams.

IF TCA gets 20 points from post play they will win game.  Guards will take care of ball.  They have improved in the areas you are alluding to.  They are not taking as many bad shots in the 4th or turning it over as often in the 4th.  If GC gets hot from 3, they will be hard to stop. 

Thank you pioneer 42. I would say it’s critical to win Monday night and get Union City in the region.  Dresden is capable of beating anybody in a one game go home game.  It wouldn’t shock me at all for them to win their game Thursday night.  

Gleason/Trenton will be a good game and I’ll take The Bulldogs at home. I may have to come watch Yal tomorrow night. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

For the record, I don't see how you beat a team that presses the whole game and not press back. I thought Chloe got better in the second half going to the rim and still was a force even though she was off on her threes. I think they are beatable but you have to play aggressive on both ends for four quarters. Definitely a really good team and could definitely win it all. 

Chloe can score anytime she wants carrying it to the basket. When Chloe penetrates, she scores or gets fouled and we are much better. This year she is settling and shooting more 3’s, we need her to take it to the hole. She sees the floor so well and can dish it or make a layup.  We can’t afford her getting in foul trouble and that may be why she’s not driving more.

Edie is playing well and Tess has improved her game by playing inside more and averaging 10 rebounds a game.  Reese has improved her game and playing well, so glad she made the All District team. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

8 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you pioneer 42. I would say it’s critical to win Monday night and get Union City in the region.  Dresden is capable of beating anybody in a one game go home game.  It wouldn’t shock me at all for them to win their game Thursday night.  

Gleason/Trenton will be a good game and I’ll take The Bulldogs at home. I may have to come watch Yal tomorrow night. 

It will be a packed house and yes it is a big game. TCA is for real. Probably the best front court in the region. They rebound really well. Key for us is to play like we have been lately offensively. Defensively we have been consistent all year. I imagine GC will turn the defensive pressure up to another level tomm. Getting that time of year where every game is big.

14 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Can TCA handle the press? You got to get the ball down the court for your posts to be effective.  I’m sure they are much better than last year. I couldn’t believe they pulled off the upset on your home court so they must be a lot better.  I want to see the Miss Basketball nominee play, she must be really good. 

They played better in the loss at TCA IMO than the win at GC. Both teams played bad that night. She is a really good player. She takes it to the rim more this year. And even when you think she is not scoring she still has 16 or 18. They are tall and long and take up a lot of room. Last meeting they handled our press good until the fourth quarter. Good team.

Edited by pioneer42