West Tn Class A

Intense

12 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Pretty good showing by Dresden tonight against Greenfield. They had Greenfield on the ropes for three quarters. Tonight showed how good Dresden can be. If they play consistent for 40 minutes they are tough to beat. Tinley Winn played well in the post and it has showed that she has really improved as the season has went on. If Dresden continues to play well they will be a tough out in the postseason. 

Agree. Wynn played way better but their posts have got to quit putting the ball on the floor. They turn it over way too much because they want to bounce it before they go up. Power bounce is so 1990’s! Dresden played them good 3 quarters but lack of bench and IMO some very bad calls just gassed them out in the 4th. I thought the guards played well as they got to the basket at will. Peterson is a solid PG and Childress and Washburn are great shooters. Greenfield is just solid all around. Little Darby back completes that team. Tess moving into the post has made them better than last year and Chloe is a beast. Reese and Caroline know their roles and compliments the rest. They will win district, region, and substate with ease, but their bench after the starting 5 may cause them some issues at state. 

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree. Wynn played way better but their posts have got to quit putting the ball on the floor. They turn it over way too much because they want to bounce it before they go up. Power bounce is so 1990’s! Dresden played them good 3 quarters but lack of bench and IMO some very bad calls just gassed them out in the 4th. I thought the guards played well as they got to the basket at will. Peterson is a solid PG and Childress and Washburn are great shooters. Greenfield is just solid all around. Little Darby back completes that team. Tess moving into the post has made them better than last year and Chloe is a beast. Reese and Caroline know their roles and compliments the rest. They will win district, region, and substate with ease, but their bench after the starting 5 may cause them some issues at state. 

Like they won District Tournament with ease last year right? Nothing good comes with ease that I have seen. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

If Peterson stayed at Clarksburg, they would be #1 in our district right now. She's a baller. I just thought that Dresden played their best half of basketball that they have played all year against Greenfield. I don't agree that Greenfield will win with ease. We all remember last year when Gleason beat  them in Districts. There are 6 teams that can beat anybody on any given night. West Tennessee is wide open this year. All six teams have a legitimate shot at winning the region. Those six teams are (Dresden, Gleason, Peabody, TCA, Bradford, Gibson County)  I think Greenfield will struggle at times in the postseason but they will get back to state. Crouse and Biggs are continuing to improve, but they do need some production from their bench.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:35 PM, AllVolHere said:

You think Gleason is the same team or better as last year???  

No they aren't. They really miss the defensive pressure that Mahlese McDonald gave them on the defensive end. They don't have that player that is a lockdown defender. I don't think they miss Jayden Green much because Alexis Anderson can run the point well. But don't get me wrong Jayden was a great player.  I like that Atkins has stepped her game up. I knew that she could be a great player for them. 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:20 AM, AllVolHere said:

They may very well win the substate game with ease because all single A teams in Memphis are mediocre at best, but winning the district and region with ease, I am not so sure.  Everyone will come to play in those tournaments and players have a tendency to tighten up a little when the season is on the line.  All it takes is a few missed shots or a bad call and things can go south quickly.  Remember, these are 14-18 year old kids, not professionals.

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

They may very well win the substate game with ease because all single A teams in Memphis are mediocre at best, but winning the district and region with ease, I am not so sure.  Everyone will come to play in those tournaments and players have a tendency to tighten up a little when the season is on the line.  All it takes is a few missed shots or a bad call and things can go south quickly.  Remember, these are 14-18 year old kids, not professionals.

Sometimes we see professionals go south quick. Whoever plays with the most "poise and handles adversity" the best because there will be some will make it out of here. At this point, they all have a chance because I haven't seen a consistent dominant team and that goes statewide.

Great game @ Trinity last night. Peabody is an athletic bunch that puts a lot of pressure on you. Trinity played under control and pulled out a close win. I like Trinitys coach, does a great job. I've seen bout every team in west Tennessee play this season and Sally Howell is my pick for most improved player I West Tennesse. She took over last night and was the difference.