West Tn Class A

Intense

17 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Rebel I didn’t get to make the game last night, give me a report on the McKenzie/ Greenfield game. 

It was awful to watch. McKenzie was never in it from the beginning. Yall scored the first 6 points in 40 seconds so it was over then. Chloe had 34 or 36 points. We have a player that kept up with her, but she got into foul trouble early. Y'all shot the ball really well from 3 and the press really wore us down. We had about 25 or 26 turnovers.  Greenfield kept the game up tempo which caused us to turn the ball over. This game could have been a lot closer if we didn't miss about 5 to 10 layups. 

8 hours ago, Intense said:

I’ve got GC over Peabody by 10 tonight BUT it would not shock me to see a Peabody win.  They are tough in their own gym.  Good luck to both teams!

Man it's a pleasure to watch Gibson Co play. They play such great defense, kept Peabody off balance all night. GC is not particularly long or fast but they can completely take you out of your offense with their pressure. It's a coaching clinic every game. # 1 does such a good job controlling the game from the point. She and the point from TCA are both excellent players that dictate the pace of the game. This team could very well win it all!

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Man it's a pleasure to watch Gibson Co play. They play such great defense, kept Peabody off balance all night. GC is not particularly long or fast but they can completely take you out of your offense with their pressure. It's a coaching clinic every game. # 1 does such a good job controlling the game from the point. She and the point from TCA are both excellent players that dictate the pace of the game. This team could very well win it all!

Thanks for the compliment. GC played with a ton of poise tonight. Peabody hit them in the mouth early and got off to a 9-2 lead. We were down 12-6 when we got out of man and went to a zone. GC was dialed in big time in their zone defense and went on a 23-9 run by halftime. Peabody got most of their buckets on that run on stick backs. Their post is a beast. Thought GC handled their press very well too. Post play for GC is getting better as well. Started getting better against TCA. Overall good win for our girls. Very proud of them. 

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Thanks for the compliment. GC played with a ton of poise tonight. Peabody hit them in the mouth early and got off to a 9-2 lead. We were down 12-6 when we got out of man and went to a zone. GC was dialed in big time in their zone defense and went on a 23-9 run by halftime. Peabody got most of their buckets on that run on stick backs. Their post is a beast. Thought GC handled their press very well too. Post play for GC is getting better as well. Started getting better against TCA. Overall good win for our girls. Very proud of them. 

Totally agree.  I was a little worried after the slow start GC had.  They never seem to panic though.  Well coached for sure.  They are very fundamentally sound.  Can't wait for the district and region tournament.  I am assuming that TCA throttled Middleton, but I did not see a score on the game.  Anyone know?

12 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

GCHS is such a fundamentally sound team.

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

Totally agree.  I was a little worried after the slow start GC had.  They never seem to panic though.  Well coached for sure.  They are very fundamentally sound.  Can't wait for the district and region tournament.  I am assuming that TCA throttled Middleton, but I did not see a score on the game.  Anyone know?

TCA game will be played Monday.  Middleton has to cancel due to school being cancelled. 

Well, here we are!  I really enjoy reading Bullshark and Croppy’s comments on Single A girls in West Tn.  They are very unbiased and appear to get around to various gyms to see all the good teams.  Based on their opinions and what I have seen so far, Single A in West Tn stands as follows:

1. Greenfield

2. Gibson Co

3. TCA

4. Peabody/Gleason

5. Dresden

i think Greenfield is the team to beat but Gibson Co is a close 2nd.  I think TCA is the only other team that could legitimately beat Greenfield or GC.  I think Peabody, Dresden or Gleason could beat GC or TCA if they have a real good night.  It’s going to be an interesting next 14 days!!  I think TCA is the second most talented team behind Greenfield but GC is the most disciplined team which means a lot in basketball!  Good luck to all teams and let’s bring a Gold Ball back to West Tn again! Prayers for no injuries to any of the players!

Edited by Intense

1 hour ago, Intense said:

Well, here we are!  I really enjoy reading Bullshark and Croppy’s comments on Single A girls in West Tn.  They are very unbiased and appear to get around to various gyms to see all the good teams.  Based on their opinions and what I have seen so far, Single A in West Tn stands as follows:

1. Greenfield

2. Gibson Co

3. TCA

4. Peabody/Gleason

5. Dresden

i think Greenfield is the team to beat but Gibson Co is a close 2nd.  I think TCA is the only other team that could legitimately beat Greenfield or GC.  I think Peabody, Dresden or Gleason could beat GC or TCA if they have a real good night.  It’s going to be an interesting next 14 days!!  I think TCA is the second most talented team behind Greenfield but GC is the most disciplined team which means a lot in basketball!  Good luck to all teams and let’s being a Gold Ball back to West Tn again! Prayers for no injuries to any of the players!

I would agree that TCA is talented but GC is loaded with good players 10 deep. I thought last year TCA would have gave Greenfield a good game. It is going to be interesting to see what happens. GC's defense is consistent for 4 quarters and it causes problems. GC's defense has only gave up 50 or more three times and was 2-1 with only loss coming to Dyersburg in OT. They give up 50's to South Side and won. Give up 51 to Humboldt but third team played 4th quarter and we won big. Only give up 40's 7 times. So out of 29 games 19 of them their defense gave up less than 40 points. Reason I have said all along if GC' offense gets going they are going to be trouble because their defense is stingy. TCA has depth as well and is a handful whoever they play. I am just going to set back and watch. Lots of good teams. I am with you. Prayers to all for guardian angels around all players to keep them injury free and fans as well.

Edited by pioneer42

5 hours ago, Intense said:

1. Greenfield

2. Gibson Co

3. TCA

4. Peabody/Gleason

5. Dresden

i think Greenfield is the team to beat but Gibson Co is a close 2nd.  I think TCA is the only other team that could legitimately beat Greenfield or GC.  I think Peabody, Dresden or Gleason could beat GC or TCA if they have a real good night.  It’s going to be an interesting next 14 days!!  I think TCA is the second most talented team behind Greenfield but GC is the most disciplined team which means a lot in basketball!  Good luck to all teams and let’s bring a Gold Ball back to West Tn again! Prayers for no injuries to any of the players!

IMO, two of the following 3 teams will be in the boro, TCA, Greenfield and GC. I dont think Gleason has the size to advance.  Dresden is solid but not deep enough and Peabody is one guard away from being a state contender. 

In the post season, it is all about the guards and taking care of the ball. TCA now has plenty of them with their 8th graders, but how will they and the other guards respond in the region tourney at Bethel? Combined with their bigs, they may just be deep enough to win the 4th matchup with Gibson County. If GC shoots well from the outside, they will be in the boro once again joining Greenfield unless Tess and Chloe both have bad nights and get in foul trouble. Substate games will be running clocks as there are no solid single A teams in Memphis. Just my opinion. Should be fun...