West Tn Class A

Intense

7 hours ago, Intense said:

I got TCA by 10 over Peabody on Friday and GC over Madison by as many as they want!  TCA/Peabody will be a battle.

Saw Gleason/Dresden game.  Two good teams but they would finish 4th and 5th in 14A.  Greenfield is still top team in West Tn and the team to beat!  Next 10 days will be fun in West Tn!!

Sorry Buddy but TCA will not win tonight! Peabody wins by 5 at least! Good game though! 

9 hours ago, Intense said:

I got TCA by 10 over Peabody on Friday and GC over Madison by as many as they want!  TCA/Peabody will be a battle.

Saw Gleason/Dresden game.  Two good teams but they would finish 4th and 5th in 14A.  Greenfield is still top team in West Tn and the team to beat!  Next 10 days will be fun in West Tn!!

TCA won’t make it out of regionals. Peabody wins by 10

44 minutes ago, Intense said:

You want in on the bet?

That you don’t make it out of regions...sure I will jump on that one. What’s your wager? I am also in that they won’t beat a Weakley County team either. Yall have played nobody outside GC and CC. Yall got lucky at GC that they couldnt make a layup the night yall won. Their worst night and obviously yalls best night. Yall won off of a walk! So whats the bet?

Edited by AllVolHere

19 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

That you don’t make it out of regions...sure I will jump on that one. What’s your wager? I am also in that they won’t beat a Weakley County team either. Yall have played nobody outside GC and CC. Yall got lucky at GC that they couldnt make a layup the night yall won. Their worst night and obviously yalls best night. Yall won off of a walk! So whats the bet?

Let me step in here. I will say this. I think all the teams around here are good and can beat you. Trinity hadn't played a tough schedule but they are a good team. I think Gleason and Dresden are good as well.  They play a grind it out game much like GC and either team can beat anyone on a given night. All teams have my respect at this point. Union City is full of talent and they play us tough every year no matter who has what. Peabody and TCA is a coin flip, IMO. They both have good posts and good guards. Going to be a war much like the Dresden Gleason game, IMO. 

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Go back and watch the video in slow motion.  It wasn’t a walk.  You don’t think USj is very good?  They will probably win the D2 state championship. You don’t think Peabody is very good?  They stayed within 10 of Greenfield both times if I recall correctly.  Peabody twice, Usj twice, GC twice and Crockett 3 times, that’s a pretty good schedule.  All losses were 8 points or less except a 12 point loss to C.C. in the Christmas tournament.   Bet is on game tonight.  We are taking it one at a time.  We aren’t worrying about GC or Gleason or Greenfield until it’s their turn.  Peabody is enough to worry about.  If we don’t play ball, we won’t win.  We thumped Gleason in preseason scrimmage so we know what they have.  They are much better now but we know we can play with them.  Your argument about a weak schedule is lame! 

Definitely take the bet that they will beat a Weak County team!

Edited by Intense

10 hours ago, Intense said:

Go back and watch the video in slow motion.  It wasn’t a walk.  You don’t think USj is very good?  They will probably win the D2 state championship. You don’t think Peabody is very good?  They stayed within 10 of Greenfield both times if I recall correctly.  Peabody twice, Usj twice, GC twice and Crockett 3 times, that’s a pretty good schedule.  All losses were 8 points or less except a 12 point loss to C.C. in the Christmas tournament.   Bet is on game tonight.  We are taking it one at a time.  We aren’t worrying about GC or Gleason or Greenfield until it’s their turn.  Peabody is enough to worry about.  If we don’t play ball, we won’t win.  We thumped Gleason in preseason scrimmage so we know what they have.  They are much better now but we know we can play with them.  Your argument about a weak schedule is lame! 

Definitely take the bet that they will beat a Weak County team!

OMG that was one ugly game. Congrats to TCA and good luck in the championship! I’ll eat crow. Peabody couldnt make a shot and I would have thought Hart would have put someone face guarding Lee but he settled on the zone. They did good pressuring Howell and her turning it over but then turned it over themselves with walks and poor passes to nobody. Peabody is very athletic but the fundamentals are lacking. As for USJ you might wanna retract that prediction as they got slaughtered by Northpoint tonight. Good luck Monday night! 

7 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

OMG that was one ugly game. Congrats to TCA and good luck in the championship! I’ll eat crow. Peabody couldnt make a shot and I would have thought Hart would have put someone face guarding Lee but he settled on the zone. They did good pressuring Howell and her turning it over but then turned it over themselves with walks and poor passes to nobody. Peabody is very athletic but the fundamentals are lacking. As for USJ you might wanna retract that prediction as they got slaughtered by Northpoint tonight. Good luck Monday night! 

I’ll eat crow on the USJ game.  I’m surprised by that one.  One down, one to go with my bet!  Beat Peabody and I have no doubt we will beat a team from 13A.  I’m not willing to bet on getting out of regionals.  GC and Greenfield are two big hurdles.  TCA is definitely a top 3 team in the region.  Neither team shot well early on.  Our post play was difference in the game!  

1 hour ago, Intense said:

I’ll eat crow on the USJ game.  I’m surprised by that one.  One down, one to go with my bet!  Beat Peabody and I have no doubt we will beat a team from 13A.  I’m not willing to bet on getting out of regionals.  GC and Greenfield are two big hurdles.  TCA is definitely a top 3 team in the region.  Neither team shot well early on.  Our post play was difference in the game!  

Good win for TCA. Very good team and are going to be a tough out. Very big and physical and take up a lot of room. Macy Lee has really stepped her game up by taking it to the basket. Sally is a good PG and manages the game well. Very good team. 

Edited by pioneer42