West Tn Class A

Intense

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I really think one of GC, Greenfield or  Clarkrange will win the Gold Ball in no particular order. But who is to say a Summertown, Loretta, Clay County or TCA can't get hot and win it.  Right now it is a coin flip, IMO. I don't think the early losses actually hurts teams but helps them if they can get better and Greenfield is obviously getting better and will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt.

Huh, so what you're saying nobody east of the plateau has not even a remote chance right? There's a reason the sports writers have TP ranked 6 and the west tn polls have them 12, because they have seen them play! I grant that their district is weak, beat the second place team by 41 last night. Others simply couldn't or wouldn't schedule coach tried so he played in every 3A play days he could summer and preseason, check that record! Being 6 hrs away hard to scout this team. 6' point(signed), 6'1" post, senior wing (signed), two 5'11"freshman can start for most west tn teams! Very athletic group. I'm almost regretting this post because I wanna see west tn faces when they tip off against these ladies. Last year second leading scorer and ball handler broke arm during district and had no bench. This year 9 deep. West Tennessee keep overlooking, we love it!

1 hour ago, coachinclinic said:

Huh, so what you're saying nobody east of the plateau has not even a remote chance right? There's a reason the sports writers have TP ranked 6 and the west tn polls have them 12, because they have seen them play! I grant that their district is weak, beat the second place team by 41 last night. Others simply couldn't or wouldn't schedule coach tried so he played in every 3A play days he could summer and preseason, check that record! Being 6 hrs away hard to scout this team. 6' point(signed), 6'1" post, senior wing (signed), two 5'11"freshman can start for most west tn teams! Very athletic group. I'm almost regretting this post because I wanna see west tn faces when they tip off against these ladies. Last year second leading scorer and ball handler broke arm during district and had no bench. This year 9 deep. West Tennessee keep overlooking, we love it!

I agree I hadn't seen you guys play and I hadn't seen North Green, Clay County ..... play. But Greenfield won the state last year and kept their core group. GC has split with Greenfield the last two games and I seen Clarkrange play this summer and has beaten Macon County already. I am really basing comments on Greenfield being the defending champs and not losing their core group. No doubt East TN can play too.

3 hours ago, coachinclinic said:

Who is the team you are referring to?

3 hours ago, Intense said:

Who is the team you are referring to?

He is referring to Tellico Plains who haven’t beaten a team this year that could challenge a decent middle school team. They play schools like Tennessee Christian twice Maryville Christian twice Chattanooga Leadership Academy twice etc...  they will be an easy out by the first quality team they face. 

35 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

He is referring to Tellico Plains who haven’t beaten a team this year that could challenge a decent middle school team. They play schools like Tennessee Christian twice Maryville Christian twice Chattanooga Leadership Academy twice etc...  they will be an easy out by the first quality team they face. 

Keep us up to date on the Clay County Clarkrange game time and date with snow possibly changing dates and what not. Might be one I would like to watch. 

57 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

... the region tournament.

Edited by GCPioneer

3 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

... the region tournament.

Have you seen them play? Or just mad about the post. GC from what I've read, like you have just read about TP, can only defend, but has trouble scoring. That just what everyone from over there says. Now I've scouted your  girls about as much as you have Tellico. As I stated in post weak district, already said that. GC beat a short handed Greenfield, but can you get out of region now that they are healthy? You just made the point I made in the original post. No need be a jerk! 

TCA just beat USJ girls 61-60 tonight.  USJ girls are the 2nd ranked team in D2A.  The Jones girls from USJ are the real deal.  Anna Jones is their older sister who is playing at MTSU.  Macy Lee had 32 points, 9 reb and 5 assists for TCA.  I don’t think folks believe TCA is legitimate and it seems that most people think the Gibson Co win was a fluke.  I think the slip up against Peabody is why fans are not sure about TCA.  Two 8th graders played really well tonight In a very hostile environment.  Huge crowd tonight,as always, in this big rivalry.  Peabody comes to the Lions Den next Friday night.  Will TCA respond?

Saw an incredibly exciting game tonight USJ v TCA.  TCA held on for a 61-60 win as USJ's last shot fell short.  Through 3.5 quarters, I was penciling in TCA to Murfreesboro.  They are quick, athletic and long.  Great defense!  However, the last 3 minutes were a disaster for TCA ( eerily similar to the Peabody game).  Ill advised shots when they should have run clock.   Makes me second guess them making the state tournament. If #4 is on like she was tonight, they have a chance; if she is off and they finish like they did tonight, then probably not.  anyone else see the game?