Best A/AA/AAA in West Tennessee

DCFAN1

On 1/30/2019 at 11:47 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Who knows. It all depends on what the videos and investigation prove. 

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/29/tennessee-high-school-basketball-memphis-tssaa-fights-wooddale-westwood-melrose/2712987002/

The article says that the TSSAA is going to let the schools self-report and might add to it. 

Now do you see how the fight affects Wooddale? 

Good decision by TSSAA regarding the post season bans for the teams noted above. That kind of stuff has no place in high school athletics. It’s one thing for two players to get into a fight during a game. When it escalates to include other team members and fans from the stands into an all out brawl, severe penalties MUST be handed out.

The tape says it all for Wooddale..I saw it..half my family went to Melrose and I watched that video and was ashamed of the  Melrose folks...their fans running on the floor escalated it all. Melrose  fans got to fighting with one of their own coaches and no Wooddale fans or players were on that video fighting. I watched that video several times and didn't see any of they players throwing no punches. They have a chance in their appeal I think. Good luck Wooddale, I hope it turns out okay for them.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Here's my top picks for the boys teams from Class A, AA, & AAA from West Tennessee Region:

Class A

1. Manassas (D15)

2. Humboldt (D14)

3. Peabody (D14)

Class AA

1. Raleigh Egypt (D16)

2. Covington (D15)

3. Jackson South Side (D14)

Class AAA

1. Whitehaven (D16)

2. Memphis East (D16)

3. Bartlett (D14)

List agreed on! 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 2:29 AM, tonybologna said:

Here's my top picks for the boys teams from Class A, AA, & AAA from West Tennessee Region:

Class A

1. Manassas (D15)

2. Humboldt (D14)

3. Peabody (D14)

Class AA

1. Raleigh Egypt (D16)

2. Covington (D15)

3. Jackson South Side (D14)

Class AAA

1. Whitehaven (D16)

2. Memphis East (D16)

3. Bartlett (D14)

Missing Wooddale from AA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Missing Wooddale from AA.

Yeah, many would put Wooddale up there as contenders but I feel like the suspension they ended up having removed might have an effect on them even though they took care of business today against Haywood.

They certainly have the talent/team to make a run for the AA state title. I left them out on purpose myself though strictly because of the suspension that was looming over the team. Maybe it won't effect them at all. We will see in the coming days ahead.