Jasper 2019

rlh

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

This is true, but we all play 5 or 6 BAD teams in the regular season. We're just looking for that 1st win. Don't know anything about Fayetteville except they return 18 starters. 

I'm not saying Marion will be bad, I just don't think Sequatchie will be a pushover at all this year.

6 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

This is true, but we all play 5 or 6 BAD teams in the regular season. We're just looking for that 1st win. Don't know anything about Fayetteville except they return 18 starters. 

You going to get on me now too? I call it like I see it. It wasn’t a slam on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Yes, everyone plays some bad teams. I was just pointing to the for sure wins I saw on the schedule. Also, Marion’s next chance to get back to Cookeville will start in 2021. They have zero chance the next two years with Trousdale still in 2A along with Meigs and Tyner.

8 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You going to get on me now too? I call it like I see it. It wasn’t a slam on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Yes, everyone plays some bad teams. I was just pointing to the for sure wins I saw on the schedule. Also, Marion’s next chance to get back to Cookeville will start in 2021. They have zero chance the next two years with Trousdale still in 2A along with Meigs and Tyner.

Oh I'm not getting on to you lol. You're coming after me like a Ferrell hog LMBO. After the past few years we don't count anyone as a sure win.

TC will always be tough. I believe Meigs drops off some next year.

Edited by PurplePower68

4 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Oh I'm not getting on to you lol. You're coming after me like a Ferrell hog LMBO. After the past few years we don't count anyone as a sure win.

I believe you are right about Meigs. A team that loses Swafford can’t help but drop off some. As for Trousdale, they will be a force for awhile. Now you’re calling me a hog? You’ve got some sure wins on that schedule though. Marion County should have a winning record in 2019. You possibly can win one playoff game as well. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

I believe you are right about Meigs. A team that loses Swafford can’t help but drop off some. As for Trousdale, they will be a force for awhile. Now you’re calling me a hog? You’ve got some sure wins on that schedule though. Marion County should have a winning record in 2019. You possibly can win one playoff game as well. 

I think we will be better than some think. If we can win a playoff game that's great. Last years offensive change and lack of senior leadership contributed to some lopsided losses. I believe we will have 2 or 3 seniors that will see a lot of playing time and the rest will be juniors and sophomores. We lack size on the line but that's changing the next few years. Our middle school line is bigger than some high schools. Just gotta take what we dished out for a few years.

13 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Meigs may drop some but not alot. These past 2 years I consider us a top 5 team end of season both years. When the QB we currently have graduates, it will be a definite loss as players like him are very rare. We do have a stud qb to replace him though in Logan Carrol #3 hes an outstanding athlete and could play any skill position and will be another good qb. He just lacks the mobility that our current qb has but he is young and will only get better. Logan will be a spohomore this year and when hes a junior will most likely be the starting QB and will actually fill the role nicely. I heard we got a RB from Bledsoe and is an incoming freshman this season. If he is as good as was previously mentioned in another post we will again be a top 10 team in 20 and I'd like to think top 5 again with good blocking in 21. Just my opinion from what I've seen on the players I've seen on the field and from what rumor mill has going on the new transfer. At least that's how I "think" it will play out. We have alot of underclassmen right now that have alot of talent and potential. Meigs future is looking good as long as we don't lose any coaches or players due to injury.

Just my 2cents but I'm a realist. I call it like I see it.

Edited by Imthayeti

7 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I think we will be better than some think. If we can win a playoff game that's great. Last years offensive change and lack of senior leadership contributed to some lopsided losses. I believe we will have 2 or 3 seniors that will see a lot of playing time and the rest will be juniors and sophomores. We lack size on the line but that's changing the next few years. Our middle school line is bigger than some high schools. Just gotta take what we dished out for a few years.

What you dished out was an understatement. You all were crazy good in 15 and 16.

Edited by Imthayeti

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

What you dished out was an understatement. You all were crazy good in 15 and 16.

We had a good run for sure. Just bad timing when you run into one of the best RB in the country in 2A ball in TN. My statement about Meigs dropping off is because of Swafford being gone. QBs like him don't happen very often and I say that from experience. Walters was a beast for us and you dont really appreciate how good he was until he's gone. But in saying that a lot of people wrote us off when Blake Zeman graduated after 2014. I'd say we did ok the next couple years. 

The rb from Bledsoe will be a stud. 

Edited by PurplePower68

6 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We had a good run for sure. Just bad timing when you run into one of the best RB in the country in 2A ball in TN. My statement about Meigs dropping off is because of Swafford being gone. QBs like him don't happen very often and I say that from experience. Walters was a beast for us and you dont really appreciate how good he was until he's gone. But in saying that a lot of people wrote us off when Blake Zeman graduated after 2014. I'd say we did ok the next couple years. 

You are 100% accurate about Swafford I'm a huge fan of what he brings to our offense. I just know what we have to replace him as well and we will be ok. His replacement will be better then any other QB I've seen our last 2 seasons opponents if that tells you anything. Baines from Trousdale was easily a better runner, however like most QBs in 1 and 2A he lacked good throwing ability. Our replacement for Swafford will again be decent at both.

Already has some experience under belt considering Swafford was out at halftime 80% of our regular season games. Should also see some playing time this year just not as much. Our schedule is gonna be rough compared to last year.

Edited by Imthayeti

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

You are 100% accurate about Swafford I'm a huge fan of what he brings to our offense. I just know what we have to replace him as well and we will be ok. His replacement will be better then any other QB I've seen our last 2 seasons opponents if that tells you anything. Baines from Trousdale was easily a better runner, however like most QBs in 1 and 2A he lacked good throwing ability. Our replacement for Swafford will again be decent at both.

Already has some experience under belt considering Swafford was out at halftime 80% of our regular season games. Should also see some playing time this year just not as much. Our schedule is gonna be rough compared to last year.

Tougher schedule will only help in the long run. Too many schools want to go 9-1 or 10-0 and they get bounced in the playoffs. I would rather play a tougher schedule and go maybe 7-3 and be a better team in November and December. Good luck to you guys this season.