Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

22 minutes ago, gogold said:

WOW!   First upset of the tournament.  Clay County loses to Trousdale County by 8 for a play in game.  That's the beauty of tournament play, you can throw out records and have a new beginning.  Clay had just beaten Clarkrange a few weeks ago.  

Eagleville upset them last year in the sub-state as well. You have to bring it every night. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

So is it the Pickett County Clarkrange show now? I had Clay County as a sleeper especially after they beat Clarkrange. I had Clarkrange and Pickett both making the state.

As last night proved you never know Pioneer what's going to happen. It's tournament time. I hope Clarkrange makes it thru but you just don't ever know. I think everyone can be beat. I think everyone has a shot. All it takes is one bad game by a team and the whole tournament gets turned around. Clay is a very good team and well coached. Hate to see them go home. Congrats to Trousdale girls. They played hard and deserved the win the game. Good luck to everyone left in the tournament. We will see how it shakes out 

41 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

As last night proved you never know Pioneer what's going to happen. It's tournament time. I hope Clarkrange makes it thru but you just don't ever know. I think everyone can be beat. I think everyone has a shot. All it takes is one bad game by a team and the whole tournament gets turned around. Clay is a very good team and well coached. Hate to see them go home. Congrats to Trousdale girls. They played hard and deserved the win the game. Good luck to everyone left in the tournament. We will see how it shakes out 

I agree. Never know. I just hope and pray for all  girls to stay healthy and be at full strength moving forward. That has been a big challenge for us since state last year. Clarkrange and Pickett County have had solid years though from just looking at schedules. I agree basketball is a crazy game. An underdog hits two or three threes, favorites misses a few and best player gets a couple of fouls and it’s a dogfight. Other than Greenfield, I expect every game to be wide open and most games very likely to go to the wire in West TN.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. Never know. I just hope and pray for all  girls to stay healthy and be at full strength moving forward. That has been a big challenge for us since state last year. Clarkrange and Pickett County have had solid years though from just looking at schedules. I agree basketball is a crazy game. An underdog hits two or three threes, favorites misses a few and best player gets a couple of fouls and it’s a dogfight. Other than Greenfield, I expect every game to be wide open and most games very likely to go to the wire in West TN.

You are correct. Too many variables to predict a straight up winner most of the time. I know we have had our share of unexpected losses. Gotta play every game every minute. Can't take anything for granted. We have Red Boiling tomorrow night and I expect them to give us all we want. As you, I am praying for injury free tournaments for all players. Be safe and good luck to you Pioneer. Hope we both end up watching our teams at Murphy Center

52 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

You are correct. Too many variables to predict a straight up winner most of the time. I know we have had our share of unexpected losses. Gotta play every game every minute. Can't take anything for granted. We have Red Boiling tomorrow night and I expect them to give us all we want. As you, I am praying for injury free tournaments for all players. Be safe and good luck to you Pioneer. Hope we both end up watching our teams at Murphy Center

Thanks man!! I do too. Good luck to you guys as well!!

11 hours ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Loretto getting hot at the right time!  Look out glass house here we come!

I agree. We haVe been saying all year the District Champion had an easier route to Murfreesboro. Summertown will have it tougher. Huntingdon game will be interesting. That one will go to the wire, IMO.

Edited by pioneer42

42 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. We haVe been saying all year the District Champion had an easier route to Murfreesboro. Summertown will have it tougher. Huntingdon game will be interesting. That one will go to the wire, IMO.

I think you are right, that will be a great matchup. Huntingdon has good size and speed, but their shooting has been up and down. Summertown is as solid as any team in the state and their shooting is always solid. If that matchup happens, Huntingdon will need to win it with defense 

5 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

I think you are right, that will be a great matchup. Huntingdon has good size and speed, but their shooting has been up and down. Summertown is as solid as any team in the state and their shooting is always solid. If that matchup happens, Huntingdon will need to win it with defense 

You look at last years game at Bethel and it went to the wire. Huntingdon actually had a four or five point lead late and let it get away. I agree Fuller and Co. have to step their defense up to another level and handle the ball to play with Summertown. I will give Summertown a slight edge because it is close to home.