Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

actually I think they did report less and I believe it’s a few under 496 Loretto enrolls. funny this comes up every year at this time for small schools whose borderline up or down. Loretto enrollment doesn’t appear to be going up no time soon by youth coming up but stating if they were properly classified as if they’re not is a joke move on and I’m not even from area

Edited by TENNTOWN

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Seriously? 

His comment was a dig on Loretto's ability to compete in AA, don't be ignorant and act as if I didn't understand his comment, or the fact that it was a negative remark about something we don't control.  

We haven't had a problem competing with any AA or AAA team we have played.

Don't get too caught up in his A/AA/AAA warped thinking. In basketball, only 5 team players can play on a court at once...so if you have a strong 5 you can go, typically the difference occurs in players 6-7-8-9. He's been on a 4 year tangent about Westview being "scared" of Greenfield (even though they've only played 5 times in the last 20-21 years) and you know how bad WV has been in the last decade. lol. It's laughable to us coaches and people that know basketball and read these boards, but "hometown" pride will override logic and being able to be objectionable about your own team's limitations for a lot of fans. It's sort of like the "small dog" or "short man" syndrome. Gotta BARK BARK loud and chest thump...even if your players can't back it up. Typical small town rhetoric that real programs ignore in the grand scheme. 

A, AA, AAA will all have good State Tournament games this year. Everyone else on here respects Loretto and "yes" I watched the Greenfield/Loretto game at Westview. Loretto had more to do with how Greenfield played compared to how "bad" that Greenfield played on their own in the first half. 99.9% of us respect your program and appreciate what all of the good teams have and actually understand basketball from an objectionable perspective. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
clarification
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TENNTOWN said:

actually I think they did report less and I believe it’s a few under 496 Loretto enrolls. funny this comes up every year at this time for small schools whose borderline up or down. Loretto enrollment doesn’t appear to be going up no time soon by youth coming up but stating if they were properly classified as if they’re not is a joke move on and I’m not even from area

So you know your AD reported to TSSAA an actual enrollment of 531students.

21 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Don't get too caught up in his A/AA/AAA warped thinking. In basketball, only 5 team players can play on a court at once...so if you have a strong 5 you can go, typically the difference occurs in players 6-7-8-9. He's been on a 4 year tangent about Westview being "scared" of Greenfield (even though they've only played 5 times in the last 20-21 years) and you know how bad WV has been in the last decade. lol. It's laughable to us coaches and people that know basketball and read these boards, but "hometown" pride will override logic and being able to be objectionable about your own team's limitations for a lot of fans. A, AA, AAA will all have good State Tournament games this year. Everyone else on here respects Loretto and "yes" I watched the Greenfield/Loretto game at Westview. Loretto had more to do with how Greenfield played compared to how "bad" that Greenfield played on their own in the first half. 99.9% of us respect your program and appreciate what all of the good teams have and actually understand basketball from an objectionable perspective. 

Thanks bud.  I just figured he was a troll or a homer.  Lol.

Edited by mas1821

1 minute ago, mas1821 said:

Thanks bud.  I don't take anything that kid says to heart.  Lol.

No problem. I'm friends with several of the Greenfield and Martin folks due to family and thru basketball & summer leagues. I believe that "kid" from Greenfield is actually a gentlemen around 65 or so on here talking all of that noise.

Sadly, he assists in putting a "bullseye" on his team's back when he starts calling out other teams. Gibson County doesn't pay him any attention. He's a blinded "hometown" loyalist. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Superfan14A some people hide behind screen names and call people out. Come see me, If you know me and you seem to call me out often. My name is posted and I’m really not a bad guy.  Everything I post is my opinion and I try to stay positive. 

Thanks. I don't know you and if you're taken these CoachT posts as calling "you" out, then our conversation wouldn't go anywhere anyways. I'm proud of our team, our town, our school too...and I'm also proud of your school/team...but I don't disrespect other schools, unless it's conduct related by the fans/players. From a lot of your past posts and I really don't think you mean to come across that way, but for the average reader (TO ME)...you come across as disrespectful in some of your comments against other great programs in our area. I'll be the first to say that this year's Greenfield team is an awesome team and that's no secret....see, I'm agreeing with you on that point but it's not going to be a cakewalk after sectional. Good luck to the Lady Jackets....it's going to get harder than what you've had to this point. 

Seems to be several posters get caught up on how many students are enrolled their school or someone wants to tell you where you should be classified.  Can't we accept the classification we are in and just let it stand at that.  If you can't, well that's your problem.  Loretto is in class A and that's what we compete in.  We've played AAA and AA teams and we can play with anyone.  If they change our classification, then we will compete in that one, but for now we are in class A.  It's tournament time, so why aren't we talking about great ladies basketball and leave the classification to the higher ups.   I believe Greenfield and Loretto could compete at the highest level this year.  Good luck to all teams still playing.