Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

59 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

My prediction is, two of the smallest Class A schools ( Greenfield and Clarkrange) will play for the championship as long as they end up in opposite brackets.  What would be a real shame is if Clarkrange, Greenfield ended up in the same bracket. 

I used to worry about GC’s draw every year they were there. I finally quit worrying about it. Now just have to get there and see what happens. Thing about Greenfield is you can’t turn the ball over a bunch or you are in bad trouble because Chloe don’t turn it over. Greenfield plays super fast and scores a ton In transition by getting to the rim quick and they love to shoot threes. Loretto beat them because they beat their press consistently and scored themselves in transition, got back on defense very well and stopped Greenfield from scoring in transition, played the matchup zone in the half court which kept Chloe from getting to the rim a ton and used their length to defend the three ball and rebounded extremely well. If Loretto plays Greenfield and has a great ball handling night I like their chances. Got to handle the ball good against them or you are likely in trouble quick.

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

496 is the cutoff and Loretto is around +530 kids. Has been for 5 years. They wouldn’t even be the smallest AA school In the state if they were properly classified now.

Just got word from an administrator  that Loretto has 470 students listed this year.   Our graduating class for 2020 has more students in it than what will come into next years 9th grade class.  I hope this will put this to bed on the classification issue.  What's even better is all of our players are homegrown too !!! 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

They should be good and they are but Loretto is essentially a AA team getting to play A. Might not be as relevant as you think if you get classified up

Your looking for excuses early!  Enrollment was locked in four years ago,  Loretto is not the largest single A team in the state.  Your just picking your nose and hoping something falls out.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Your looking for excuses early!  Enrollment was locked in four years ago,  Loretto is not the largest single A team in the state.  Your just picking your nose and hoping something falls out.

Greenfield players sure aren’t worried about stuff like this. GIbson County and Loretto are close in size. I agree that this seems like an argument over nothing. 

2 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Loretto had an enrollment of 531 in Fall of 18. They are definitely a AA school by those numbers. 

When they reclassified every one, they were a Single A school and below the numbers. Y’all act like the TSSAA is doing an injustice. They don’t check but every few years. Can’t believe I am seeing posts about Greenfield complaining about possibly having to play Loretto. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

When they reclassified every one, they were a Single A school and below the numbers. Y’all act like the TSSAA is doing an injustice. They don’t check but every few years. Can’t believe I am seeing posts about Greenfield complaining about possibly having to play Loretto. Unbelievable. 

Thank you !  Great Post !  Let's talk about girls basketball.

39 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I personally wasnt complaining about playing Loretto. I think it plays out to a great story line like Hoosiers. Hope it plays out because it is gonna sell a lot of tickets at the glasshouse But if you just mention the enrollment that is reported their fans go nuts like you are trying to pick on them. What is really hilarious is you get 4 different responses that all claim to be official and then your called petty for calling them out on it.  I didnt ask for any justification i know what is reported.