BA question

panfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think we found our coach, and yes, we took home our trophy. The first time that happened was a situation where it was forgotten, not just left. It was not done on purpose. It sets in our BIG trophy case to this day. This was blown out of proportion. Normally, a trainer gets the trophy after it is presented to the captain. The trainer is responsible for the trophy to get it back home. The trainer just forgot the trophy on the fieldwhen the team was loading up. That is the real story. :D

[Edited by Brandon100 on 11-25-02 6:52A]

Would someone please explain why Carlton Flatt should not fire himself! After all, he has done no better than Tom Moore and, if you consider the score in this year's Clinic Bowl, he has done worse! The only explanation for BA not to seek a new coach is that no one in their right mind would take the job until Carlton I-will-wait-in-the-wings-until-the-team-is-loaded-with-talent-again Flatt had retired for good.

Come on folks, provide a reasonable explanation as to why Coach Flatt should not be put to pasture, again?!

The point is being made well by some and entirely missed by others.

Isn't it ironic that after Tom Moore lost a second straight Clinic Bowl last year, he was "given the opportunity" to be demoted to an assistant because a better coach was on campus and it just didn't make good sense to have a "Michael Jordan sitting on the bench"?

Maybe there was more to the story, but those of us on the outside were very perplexed by the praise for Coach Moore as a person given by those who said it was time for a change at the top, when we saw a coach whose major fault seemed to be losing the Clinic Bowl by very close margins 2 years in a row.

I may be wrong, but I think a BA supporter posted on CoachT a week or two ago that losing the big game close 2 years in a row is not the direction that BA wanted to go.

I can't help but to find it ironic that the cure seems to be worse than the disease.

By the way, Coach Flatt does a great job with the fundamentals of football. His teams execute the game with an intensity level and technique level that few teams can match.

I have no doubt that if he had taken the Science Hill job a few years ago (however, I respect him for putting his daughter first) that they would be very successful. The man has a way of getting the most out of his teams.

Again, the irony of all that unfolded last winter is the point of these threads.

[Edited by tackle on 11-26-02 1:17P]

Hey Bluewhirlygirl, easy now, take a pill and settle down a bit. This bitterness must come from

some of the butt whippins Coach Flatt and the Eagles have handed you and your team over

the years. FYI, BA is loaded every year. Don't think for a minute that Flatt wasn't a key

player in BA's run while he was not the coach. No disrespect to Tom Moore, but Flatt is BA

and he is always involved. He took time off from coaching because he was battling the

TSSAA. Another battle in which BA won. Flatt approaches everything with all he has got.

Fighting the TSSAA would not allow him to give his all to coaching. That is why he took the

time off, not because the team wasn't loaded. They lost in two finals by a point. When you

are the best, people try to find ways to bring you down. It comes with being the BEST. I'll take being the best any day. I hope he never retires and continues to break records. Go Eagles! :)

Let's get back to the main point. Friday nights's coaching job was abysmal. He failed to adapt to MBA's changes on defense. He played someone at corner who hadn't played there much all year. When trailing by three touchdowns in the 4th quarter there was no hurry up offense. They huddled up after every down. Instead of trying to block punts in the 4th, they went into normal punt coverage.

Guest secsports

heres a stat for all the people out there wonderin why flatt is coach and not moore......BA scored 21 more touchdowns this year. its not the result of the season that got moore fired... its the fact that every single week under him ba's playcalling was so bad they had to bust their tails to win the game. If not for their defense and kicking game...they wouldnt have been to the state championship last year. under flatt the eagles were able to score much more on offense than previous years under moore.

Why do you guys care??? Do you think this is going to get Tom's job back because of this post??? Or do you just like to stir up trouble on a somewhat touchy subject? Tom is a great guy but did not handle the pressure of being a BA head coach very well. Many times he would become enraged telling the team to feel his pressure to win. To me this is sick football is suppose to be fun for the kids, a coach should not unload all his troubles on his team!!! Ask him what happened during half-time at the Father Ryan game I bet you he wont tell you. It was disrespctful and degrading to many different people. (F-ball players you know what i am talking about) There are more facts then him just loosing the clinic bowl!

Posted by StanTrott:

BA won the battle with the TSSAA? I see no evidence of that so-called victory.

Has the victory not happened yet, or did I miss something?

Latest update is that the arbitration failed, and the presiding judge has set a one week bench trial for December 9.

BABILL,

the purpose of these posts is to point out what a classless institution BA has the reputation of being. You see, well you don't see, but everyone else does, BA is a cult. Everyone in BA thinks what they do is ok. Everyone outside BA, including all graduates I know, think BA is a terrible place to bring up children. BA is like that compound in Waco a few years back. Everyone inside thinks things are great, but on the outside, well you remember. learn to take a non bias stance and look around.