Friday Main Event Class 5A Region Previews begin Tonight!

46 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Im sure this is not the thread, but i haven't really seen any talk about it

Whats potentially the best week 1 match up for metro?  Currently deciding what game i would like to attend. 

Pearl Cohn at Cane Ridge followed by Maplewood at Hillsboro.   Two potentially good games.  Both played at TSU on August 24th I believe.   Not sure of times.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

41 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Pearl Cohn at Cane Ridge followed by Maplewood at Hillsboro.   Two potentially good games.  Both played at TSU on August 24th I believe.   Not sure of times.

Yea now that sounds like very good match-ups, im interested to see what HB will do this year and will Cane Ridge finally get over the hump for a championship. 

4 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

That's not the first time I've called Coach CHAD Watson, Brad.   Actually sent him a text following our spring show to apologize.   I know a "Brad Watson" and I think that's why I keep doing that.   Old age is rough....

Tell Teats we like the way he thinks up here in Gallatin!!!

I can agree with your top 10. Very fair descriptions and run downs of each team. I think having my Bobcats at 2 is fair considering what Beech has coming back. As much as I hate to admit it, the hype surrounding South Doyle is very real. This will be very easily Duncan’s best team he’s had there. Having Fulton in there may have been the only stretch, but hard to count them out. I’m not as big on Powell as everyone else is but who knows. Well done gentlemen.

Edited by chsbobcat09

58 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I can agree with your top 10. Very fair descriptions and run downs of each team. I think having my Bobcats at 2 is fair considering what Beech has coming back. As much as I hate to admit it, the hype surrounding South Doyle is very real. This will be very easily Duncan’s best team he’s had there. Having Fulton in there may have been the only stretch, but hard to count them out. I’m not as big on Powell as everyone else is but who knows. Well done gentlemen.

Thank you sir!  Yes, based on the number of returning starters, most feel Fulton is a stretch I'm guessing.   It's just hard to argue with their success the last several years and I just have to believe Coach Black will surprise some folks this year.   He's among the best in the business, but Class 5A is loaded with excellent football coaches, so who knows.   It's all pure speculation at this point anyway.

6 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Thank you sir!  Yes, based on the number of returning starters, most feel Fulton is a stretch I'm guessing.   It's just hard to argue with their success the last several years and I just have to believe Coach Black will surprise some folks this year.   He's among the best in the business, but Class 5A is loaded with excellent football coaches, so who knows.   It's all pure speculation at this point anyway.

I believe Fulton will start slow and catch stride about mid season. Which is to be expected since they are breaking in new players at almost every position except on the Offensive and Defensive lines. A lot will also depend on their QB, whoever it is between the two. Malone will be their toughest task to replace. Also another game week 1 that will be intriguing is my Bobcats against Cleveland. I know the Covington coach Wheeler is now there and he did very well at Covington. Will be a great test early on for us.

33 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I believe Fulton will start slow and catch stride about mid season. Which is to be expected since they are breaking in new players at almost every position except on the Offensive and Defensive lines. A lot will also depend on their QB, whoever it is between the two. Malone will be their toughest task to replace. Also another game week 1 that will be intriguing is my Bobcats against Cleveland. I know the Covington coach Wheeler is now there and he did very well at Covington. Will be a great test early on for us.

Yes, I'm curious to see how that one goes as well.   We'll get an early indicator on where that program is at now and where he will have them at by November.