2A REGION 5

20 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Macon rb/db and their TE/DE are very good but over all still in rebuilding mode under second year coach Shoulders. 

They were a physical football team. Great opponent for us to scrimmage. Only negative was the distance between the towns. We're in year 3 of our rebuild so we can relate. 

9 hours ago, Salem said:

I never said they were a good 4A playoff team. :-D  Should be comparable to Portland and Lawrence Co though. 

Macon Co finished 2nd in their region but got swept by Marshall Co's region in the first round. So their best region team would be no better than 5th place in Region 4-4A. 

Does Macon have speed this year to compete with Trousdale?  Will they even give TC a the game this year? Also how good was Portland last year, Trousdale plays Portland later on this season.

18 minutes ago, RTD said:

Does Macon have speed this year to compete with Trousdale?  Will they even give TC a the game this year? Also how good was Portland last year, Trousdale plays Portland later on this season.

No

No

We play Portland in week 2 so I can give you my opinion of them in a few weeks. Last season Macon County was a TD better than Portland. Macon County was outscored 61-7 by Trousdale and Westmoreland. 

Trousdale should breeze past both this year. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

That doesnt sound like you think Forrest would be competitive with Trousdale. 

I think you'll have a hard time with Trousdale. It's a different level that TC plays at to me only Peabody Meigs and Trousdale have a chance at 2A championship.

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

Not after watching the two teams square off in a 2017 scrimmage and seeing the 2018 Watertown debacle at homecoming. They haven't gotten any worse and we haven't gotten that much better. 

Watertown folks are thinking they will be nearly as good as last year. H20man pretty much said this himself.

22 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Salem, do you truly think this team can go 10-0

It sounds like you guys are gonna be much improved over last year ?

20 hours ago, Salem said:

If they stay healthy and avoid the usual undisciplined, stupid penalties they should be favored in the first nine games. Lewis County will be a tough but winnable game. 

Sounds like a good team. 

16 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It sounds like you guys are gonna be much improved over last year ?

We won 5 games and gave Waverly a game in the playoffs. We also dropped BGA, Watertown, and CA from the schedule so we could win 8, 9, or even go 10-0 this season and not be "much" improved from a talent level. Our 2017 and 2018 teams did not lack for talent. 

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

We won 5 games and gave Waverly a game in the playoffs. We also dropped BGA, Watertown, and CA from the schedule so we could win 8, 9, or even go 10-0 this season and not be "much" improved from a talent level. Our 2017 and 2018 teams did not lack for talent. 

I see what you mean. I didnt realize you had an easier schedule.