LC Trousdale Scrimmage

shockernation

39 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Seriously,just based on early assessment of LC,with you possibly knowing or seeing the teams in your area like South Pitts and Greenback,whats your take or early assessment?Does your gut tell you that they shouldn't overlook LC? Just curious ,no big deal.

We aren’t that close to south Pitt and greenback is a bit away but we play the best team from the region that faces south Pitts region (gordonsville) And south Pitt and you guys both should not have problems with teams like that I would put the spread for either of you guys vs gville at like 24, haven’t seen south Pitt but I would guess they are really quick and play more physical than they look, based off what I heard about this scrimmage it would be a heck of a ball game with you two.

19 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

We aren’t that close to south Pitt and greenback is a bit away but we play the best team from the region that faces south Pitts region (gordonsville) And south Pitt and you guys both should not have problems with teams like that I would put the spread for either of you guys vs gville at like 24, haven’t seen south Pitt but I would guess they are really quick and play more physical than they look, based off what I heard about this scrimmage it would be a heck of a ball game with you two.

19 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

ok.Just curious .Thought you guys were closer to them.Thanks.

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Seriously,just based on early assessment of LC,with you possibly knowing or seeing the teams in your area like South Pitts and Greenback,whats your take or early assessment?Does your gut tell you that they shouldn't overlook LC? Just curious ,no big deal.

They will be a good team I just think they will have a problem with teams that have speed and make LC defense play sideline to sideline. Great size and on offense LC will eat you up on defense if you play man to man coverage. LC is the type of team if you try to go straight at their defense you will have a long day. LC line had some problems with TC blitzing. But SP isn't in the same area as TC but we have had some great games with SP and TC has never played Greenback far as I know.

1 minute ago, RTD said:

They will be a good team I just think they will have a problem with teams that have speed and make LC defense play sideline to sideline. Great size and on offense LC will eat you up on defense if you play man to man coverage. LC is the type of team if you try to go straight at their defense you will have a long day. LC line had some problems with TC blitzing. But SP isn't in the same area as TC but we have had some great games with SP and TC has never played Greenback far as I know.

I think LC contained the outside pretty well last night. A few missed tackles.  Trousdale has an overall quick team. I really think TC has a great shot to get back to Cookeville. A team that slings the ball all over the field will give TC problems. TC nor LC showed much on offense last night. Both defenses got after it. I think both TC and LC can win a gold ball in there respective classes. Good luck to TC this year. 

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think LC contained the outside pretty well last night. A few missed tackles.  Trousdale has an overall quick team. I really think TC has a great shot to get back to Cookeville. A team that slings the ball all over the field will give TC problems. TC nor LC showed much on offense last night. Both defenses got after it. I think both TC and LC can win a gold ball in there respective classes. Good luck to TC this year. 

Yes, we had some issues on defense, with passing last year. TC defense is a zone and it causes a lot of turnovers but gives up some passing yards but it shuts the run game completely down. Last season against Tyner they had a WR that's committed to the University of Miami we held him to 1 catch for 15 yards. TC lost 2 starters to graduation and another DB to injury last year against Peabody that won't play this year.

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Both teams are to physical to scrimmage each other im happy the coaches were blowing the whistle early on some plays. 

1 minute ago, RTD said:

Yes, we had some issues on defense, with passing last year. TC defense is a zone and it causes a lot of turnovers but gives up some passing yards but it shuts the run game completely down. Last season against Tyner they had a WR that's committed to the University of Miami we held him to 1 catch for 15 yards. TC lost 2 starters to graduation and another DB to injury last year against Peabody that won't play this year.

Hopefully no more injuries. TC will be very good no doubt.