Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Well as a Waverly Football alumni and supporter I appreciate what he did for our program, but, regardless of what outsiders like you think, a lot of people just didn’t like the guy and his side kick. As for me, I have my own personal reasons. That’s why you just need to worry about your little puppy dogs over in Hickman Co and keep your nose out of Waverly. For Waverly folk, it wasn’t just about winning football games. It was having the complete package for a Coach and I believe that’s what we have now. So good riddance.  

I kinda figured there might be some distaste for him dumping you guys and chasing talent

sometimes really competitive people that are at the top of their game are t the most likable people. 

I think you will agree that when Peabody played waverly last year the most talented team won. It wasn’t coaching 

53 minutes ago, Trollin said:

News flash... Waverly would have been good regardless of who was coach the last 4 years. We had the most talented class of kids to ever come through at once. And who ever said anything about a power house program? Nobody but you and I don’t see where your getting that opinion. He is a good coach, he has a great offense. Doesn’t mean the kids that played for him or the adults in the community liked him. Even Peabody peeps said in one thread, with that much talent and couldn’t get to state? Come on man. Get your head out of your rear. 

So if McConnell would have never came there and Waverly still had Graves during that time they would've had a winning record? Come on we all know Waverly's football program was trash before McConnell came there. Seems to be a just old case of being jealous he left ya'll. We've had the same thing happen to us twice it the past 10 years. 

6 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

So if McConnell would have never came there and Waverly still had Graves during that time they would've had a winning record? Come on we all know Waverly's football program was trash before McConnell came there. Seems to be a just old case of being jealous he left ya'll. We've had the same thing happen to us twice it the past 10 years. 

Whatever makes you feel big and proud on the T man 

20 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

If McConnell was so great why did he never have any defense and boy was his offense complicated lol 

20 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

If McConnell was so great why did he never have any defense and boy was his offense complicated lol 

13 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Well when he takes a 1-9 team to a 9-3 team in one year and has 9 wins atleast a year while he was there that says something about the guy. Don't get me wrong I didn't like him being there with me being a competitor but I like to see respect given where it is due. Waverly needs to remember where they were before he came there. 

Edited by Bulldogfan24

2 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Well when he takes a 1-9 team to a 9-3 team in one year and has 9 wins atleast a year while he was there that says something about the guy. Don't get me wrong I didn't like him being there with me being a competitor but I like to see respect given where it is due. Waverly needs to remember where they were before he came there. 

How did he change that. Those kids were special from jr pro pee wee’s Up. They was going to be good no matter what. You can’t teach that kind of speed and then have that many players stick together might never happen again in a small town. 

2 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

How did he change that. Those kids were special from jr pro pee wee’s Up. They was going to be good no matter what. You can’t teach that kind of speed and then have that many players stick together might never happen again in a small town. 

2 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

JD Gavin and Montez had nothing to do with the First season he was at waverly. Waverly has always had the talent always. It’s getting the kids that play basketball and baseball to play football. Look at what Smith did for us at QB. Guys the talent has always been there. Matt is a good coach but he his chasing his dream. Can’t blame the guy but a real coach that cared about the waverly program wouldn’t have left. Glad to see Matt doing good at Westview and glad to see Randal doing good in Waverly.

• Upvote 1