Watertown Football 2019

Bms54

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

PS: Hackett is a great coach

Josh Hackett is a great coach and will be a good head coach in the very near future. And I believe he is referring to the way SIgnal was a "powerhouse" for a couple years when they were on 3A and 4A enrollment numbers, and then when they jumped up in classification they fell back off to mediocrity. Don't know if that will happen with H20 due to the fact of all the talent that is in Wilson County.  

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

Josh Hackett is a great coach and will be a good head coach in the very near future. And I believe he is referring to the way SIgnal was a "powerhouse" for a couple years when they were on 3A and 4A enrollment numbers, and then when they jumped up in classification they fell back off to mediocrity. Don't know if that will happen with H20 due to the fact of all the talent that is in Wilson County.  

:thumb:

I don’t know if the enrollment has as much to do with the recent success as everyone thinks, in my memory the core players for the last 5 years were kids that were brought up through AT LEAST the junior high.A lot who have been there since kindergarten. Don’t get me wrong there are some who have come here through moving or rezoning of the county, but i think it’s an attitude change, coaches brought in, and players are just overall better than what we have had in the past. 

1 minute ago, Grizzly478 said:

I don’t know if the enrollment has as much to do with the recent success as everyone thinks, in my memory the core players for the last 5 years were kids that were brought up through AT LEAST the junior high.A lot who have been there since kindergarten. Don’t get me wrong there are some who have come here through moving or rezoning of the county, but i think it’s an attitude change, coaches brought in, and players are just overall better than what we have had in the past. 

We have not had anyone move in as an upperclassman who made a significant impact from the time he stepped on campus. 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, H2Oman said:

After watching them in person I feel like we will match TC’s speed for sure and probably have better skill position players ( for the offense we run) AS A WHOLE than last year. We will however miss the senior leadership those guys provided!

We shall see how it all plays out!!

TC is more of a power run team this year than a speed team that tries to get to the outside totally different offense and entire offensive coach staff from last year is gone. The H20 vs TC will be spread vs power run game.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:13 AM, H2Oman said:

Thanks.. It’s always great and rare to leave the creekbank with a W!!  

Its also great to shut up some of their obnoxious fans (cough.. cough RTD) even if it’s  just for a few weeks!!

I personally think we can and should do it again ( if we stay healthy ) but unlike TC fans I want prematurely claim us as automatic Semi finalist or even region champions.

There is a whole lot of football to be played and I haven’t seen the first real game yet!

Lol you'll do shut me up and to be honest, I was worried going into that playoff game with how good H2O game plan was last season I didn't know if we could beat Watertown especially with that beast of a WR you'll. had last year he couldn't have graduated any faster I hope he doesn't have any younger brothers coming up in you'll program.

19 minutes ago, RTD said:

Lol you'll do shut me up and to be honest, I was worried going into that playoff game with how good H2O game plan was last season I didn't know if we could beat Watertown especially with that beast of a WR you'll. had last year he couldn't have graduated any faster I hope he doesn't have any younger brothers coming up in you'll program.

RTD is ok, one thing I've learned about Trousdale fans is you get absolutely no respect from them or their posters until your team proves themselves to them. If you dont believe me go back and read our semifinal thread with them from last year.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

The things you mentioned are definitely factors, but you can't discount doubling the enrollment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTD said:

Nah he was the younger brother lol