Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

Thanks Blazer and I do agree with you the penalties were ugly on both sides. GHS with the procedures. And Powell with the holding. And I'm not sugar coating it. Greeneville has a lot of work to do to get To where they want to be. But if the kid's will listen to this coaching staff. And if they are all in. They will be fine. Just got to get back to work this week. And get Ready for Boone. 

What a great game to watch!  Thanks to the powers that be for scheduling this one!  I know it's a tough start for the Devil's QB, but the Panther's front seven will give a lot of teams trouble moving the ball.  In my opinion, we saw, at the least, two semi-final teams in their respective divisions.

Was it just me, or did it appear that the refs had made some predetermined focus on calling offensive holding?  Not that I am opposed to all the flags for legit holds, that effect the outcome of the play, but it did seem a bit obsessive for the beginning of the season.  Just wondering if there was some order from on high to enforce offensive holding.

Thanks again to both teams for a super fun game to kick of the season!

11 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Thanks Blazer and I do agree with you the penalties were ugly on both sides. GHS with the procedures. And Powell with the holding. And I'm not sugar coating it. Greeneville has a lot of work to do to get To where they want to be. But if the kid's will listen to this coaching staff. And if they are all in. They will be fine. Just got to get back to work this week. And get Ready for Boone. 

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....    Work on all that stuff AFTER the Boone game next week :)      

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, Swipes said:

Please do research before you comment because you have been off on a lot of information you have posted so far about Greeneville.  How does being 5a or 4a make it an upset?  Thats like saying Alcoa upset DB last year since they were 6a or Greeneville upset DB, Science Hill, and Morristown West last year since they are in larger classifications :rolleyes:.  Greeneville has gone through Knoxville to win 2 of their state championships before this last classification changes and some Knox co schools decided to play up in 5a.

Since 2010 Greeneville has beaten in the play-offs Fulton Twice (35-0 and 42-0).  Gibbs twice (42-3 and 49-0) Knox Carter 4 times (77-7, 42-3, 24-0, and 70-0) Knox Central once (27-17).  We also were tied against Knox Catholic 21-21 in the 4th when they won state in 2015 to end up losing 35-21 that year.

Sorry for your loss.  Greeneville 0-1.  Powell did not play well either.  Greeneville is going to have a DOWN year.  Hate to say it.  They have no weapons on the outside at WR.  There best play was the QB draw.  Good luck the rest of the way.

13 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Sorry for your loss.  Greeneville 0-1.  Powell did not play well either.  Greeneville is going to have a DOWN year.  Hate to say it.  They have no weapons on the outside at WR.  There best play was the QB draw.  Good luck the rest of the way.

You are what people call a Troll on these boards and someone who doesn't know football.  You said that it come down to QB play and that Powell's QB was better than Gregg at Greeneville and stats show other wise.  So Greeneville is going to have a down year so what does that say about Powell when both teams were evenly matched? (You take a dig at us when it's a dig at your own team too).  They have plenty of weapons at WR on the outside but you have to have time to get the football to them.  I said it would come down to line play and Powell had better line play last night against our O-line.  Take Greeneville's starting o-line off last years team and the game last night would not have been close even without Cade, Dorien, or Hite. (any educated football fan that saw Greeneville's line last year would agree)

Like I already said before Congrats to Powell on the tough win and I hope you make it to Cookeville.  As for you, educate yourself before you try to Troll someone who has more football knowledge in my pinky than you do in your entire body:thumb:

Edited by Swipes

They have weapons at wide receiver. But you have to have time to throw them the ball. They have 2 kid's on the outside that run 4:4 forty"s. And one is a sophomore. The kid that beat Fulton deep on 2 long touchdown passes. Is the sophomore he is a legit 4:4 hard to look down the field when you are running for your Life. Most teams in 4A do not have the front 7 that Powell has. I suspect you will see this as the year progresses

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Your delirious !!  Look us back up when we’re in Cookeville again this year.

Edited by Romansfive8

2 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Your delirious !!  Look us back up when we’re in Cookeville this year.

This is not your Greeneville team of the past 3 years.  I hope they make it back to Cookeville, I have always liked Greeneville.  If Powell can beat them by playing a terrible game.  Last year's Greeneville team would of beat Powell by 50 last night.  Different year, different team.  Is what it is.  I wish them nothing but the best of luck.  

55 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

This is not your Greeneville team of the past 3 years.  I hope they make it back to Cookeville, I have always liked Greeneville.  If Powell can beat them by playing a terrible game.  Last year's Greeneville team would of beat Powell by 50 last night.  Different year, different team.  Is what it is.  I wish them nothing but the best of luck.  

You correct as far as the last 3 years.  Those teams were very special and will go down in history as one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification.  But do not sleep on this years team.  They are loaded with talent, speed and most definitely toughness.  Yea, they took it on the chin from a very good 5a team that will mostly likely make it to the semis, if not state.  Greene has a few kinks to straighten out and they will.  I am very optimistic about this years team and it would not surprise me one bit to see them back in Cookeville again this year challenging for that 3pt.    We lose one game out of 31 and some of you thinks it’s the end of the world and saying Greeneville’s going to have a down year.  Bumps, bruises, and rocky roads is a part of the process sometimes and you can either lay down or get up and hit the next opponent in the mouth (a loss).   Greeneville is not a team that’s going to set and cry over a loss and lay down, nor will us fans.  In 2011 we lost to Morristown West a 5a team at that time and Greene went on to win state beating out Maplewood for their 1st back to back state championship.  There’s no worries here and I think I speak for most of us Greeneville fans.  I’m All IN and I’ll eat my crow with some Franks hot sauce if I’m wrong.    GO BIG GRERNE !!!

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You are what people call a Troll on these boards and someone who doesn't know football.  You said that it come down to QB play and that Powell's QB was better than Gregg at Greeneville and stats show other wise.  So Greeneville is going to have a down year so what does that say about Powell when both teams were evenly matched? (You take a dig at us when it's a dig at your own team too).  They have plenty of weapons at WR on the outside but you have to have time to get the football to them.  I said it would come down to line play and Powell had better line play last night against our O-line.  Take Greeneville's starting o-line off last years team and the game last night would not have been close even without Cade, Dorien, or Hite. (any educated football fan that saw Greeneville's line last year would agree)

Like I already said before Congrats to Powell on the tough win and I hope you make it to Cookeville.  As for you, educate yourself before you try to Troll someone who has more football knowledge in my pinky than you do in your entire body:thumb:

Swipes you are correct and this line will continue to get better.The Devils lost some great linemen off of last years team and it’s hard to replace them after one season it takes a little time for the new guys to learn and they will over time.

3 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Tad is just another jealous hater since Fulton isn’t doing so hot past couple years.

No I told alot of folks Fulton is down  ... but when I watched this Fulton team at Jeff City in scrimmage ..I could tell this DEvil team lacks the toughness of  past  teams .. they dont have that edge that Ballard brought ...  but no aint jealous  ..Fulton accomplished  more for a City school in Knox Co than any can com close tto .. 6 titles ..Im proud .. will it happen again ?? who knows but  its for sure  not as good as it used to be but when others in Knox Co  and surrounding  excluding  Maryville and Alcoa catch up then I might start getting jealous ...  4A  is so weak that the Devils outta get there ...  who's gonna  deny them ?? AC  ..LOL