Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

15 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

It’s that time again! 

Devils 35

Powell 21

Should be a battle DevilMan.  I might be the only person on these boards that have seen both Powell and Greeneville in Pre-Season Scrimmages.  With Powell's starting running back out that can be the difference in the game.  Powell has a lot of starters back from a very solid team last year and could had made a run in the 5a play-offs if they didn't have to forfeit 6 games.  We better be able to cover the pass well because Powell returns a veteran QB (Has signed to play baseball at ETSU) and some very young but good wr.  We have to get some push on the line and pound the rock with Youngblood in my opinion to control the clock because Powell has the potential to score quick and often.  I see it as a 28 to 21 grind it out kind of game with the Greene Devil's pulling it out 

Greeneville did not look good against DB last week.   However, that was a throw-away glorified practice, nothing more nothing less.    With that being said, it is probably 50/50 that Greeneville starts the season 0-1 for the first time in forever.     Even if that happens Greeneville could still finish 9-1 and make a good run in the playoffs.   The only challenges Greeneville will have are Austin East (Sep 20) and Elizabethton (Oct 18), the rest should be slam-dunks for the Devils.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Greeneville did not look good against DB last week.   However, that was a throw-away glorified practice, nothing more nothing less.    With that being said, it is probably 50/50 that Greeneville starts the season 0-1 for the first time in forever.     Even if that happens Greeneville could still finish 9-1 and make a good run in the playoffs.   The only challenges Greeneville will have are Austin East (Sep 20) and Elizabethton (Oct 18), the rest should be slam-dunks for the Devils.

Hows the hill this year?

14 hours ago, haweanbula said:

If Powell can contain or control Youngblood I take

Powell 21

Greeneville 14

If Powell cannot contain or control Youngblood I take

Greeneville 28

Powell 14

There’s more than just Youngblood.   Albright, Izze, Gudger, Harrison, Jayden, Carter, and some new names that you will hear of.

GREENE 28

Powell 3

Edited by Romansfive8