Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Statsbywill.com Has this prediction 

74F8DFD4-B0D3-4CBE-A2CC-9055669D8C19.jpeg

Interesting predictions from will. Apparenty he is 80% accurate. But he does have a 20% chance of being wrong too. The prediction for Greeneville could very well be true. Powell is still a question especially if they do not come out ready for that fast pace Greeneville is known for.

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Reason I say it would not be an upset if Powell won is for a couple reasons.  One Powell is a 5a school Greeneville is a 4a school.  Two, when is the last time Greeneville beat a Knox County team.  If memory serves me right....never.   Greeneville is a good team no doubt, but new coach, and new players I think will hurt there chances on winning.  I do believe it will be a great game, and a close game as well.  

Please do research before you comment because you have been off on a lot of information you have posted so far about Greeneville.  How does being 5a or 4a make it an upset?  Thats like saying Alcoa upset DB last year since they were 6a or Greeneville upset DB, Science Hill, and Morristown West last year since they are in larger classifications :rolleyes:.  Greeneville has gone through Knoxville to win 2 of their state championships before this last classification changes and some Knox co schools decided to play up in 5a.

Since 2010 Greeneville has beaten in the play-offs Fulton Twice (35-0 and 42-0).  Gibbs twice (42-3 and 49-0) Knox Carter 4 times (77-7, 42-3, 24-0, and 70-0) Knox Central once (27-17).  We also were tied against Knox Catholic 21-21 in the 4th when they won state in 2015 to end up losing 35-21 that year.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, Swipes said:

Should be a battle DevilMan.  I might be the only person on these boards that have seen both Powell and Greeneville in Pre-Season Scrimmages.  With Powell's starting running back out that can be the difference in the game.  Powell has a lot of starters back from a very solid team last year and could had made a run in the 5a play-offs if they didn't have to forfeit 6 games.  We better be able to cover the pass well because Powell returns a veteran QB (Has signed to play baseball at ETSU) and some very young but good wr.  We have to get some push on the line and pound the rock with Youngblood in my opinion to control the clock because Powell has the potential to score quick and often.  I see it as a 28 to 21 grind it out kind of game with the Greene Devil's pulling it out 

count me in as agreeable with y0u here swipes. Greeneville will need much better Line play in this game than they've shown in all three scrimmages, but that's why greeneville gets tough teams to scrimmage them......to get better, NOT to score meaningless preseason scrimmage W's.....i got us winning this one on a late fourth quarter long td drive to hold off the panthers something like maybe 35-28 but honestly dont  know if the game will be that high scoring or not.....just gimme a dub and move on to game two and i'll be fat and happy....one of which i already have going for me

9 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

2010-Knox Gibbs/Knox Fulton

2011-Carter/Fulton/Alcoa

2012-Gibbs

2014-Carter

2015-Cater/Central

2016-Carter

If you count Anderson County in that it would be 4 more wins in that time 

Yea .. and Fulton beat Greeneville in 2012 and 2013 .. 42-12 and 40-20 .. and would have beaten them in 2014 had Greeneville not lost Sully South who Fulton went on to beat bad that year .  And Central beat them in 2016 and KC beat Greeneville .. yes they have beaten Knox co schools but they have also lost 5 or 6 to knox co schools also ...