Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

No it's not. But it's plenty enough for who I'm dealing with. And plus, it's true. Hard to argue with truth.

The relevant truth is - Greeneville is still relevant until proven otherwise.  A 1 loss against a larger school (5a) who is picked to be a contender doesn’t make them irrelevant and I would say that most would agree.   

The relevant truth is - right now Powell has one up on Greeneville. We’ve accepted that and moved on.  Congrats to Powell and best of luck with the rest of their season.

The relevant truth is - right now Greeneville owns DB.  Until DB plays Greene again and gets a W there’s nothing else to be said.  Congrats to DB on their win against TH and best of luck with the rest of their season.

18 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

The relevant truth is - Greeneville is still relevant until proven otherwise.  A 1 loss against a larger school (5a) who is picked to be a contender doesn’t make them irrelevant and I would say that most would agree.   

The relevant truth is - right now Powell has one up on Greeneville. We’ve accepted that and moved on.  Congrats to Powell and best of luck with the rest of their season.

The relevant truth is - right now Greeneville owns DB.  Until DB plays Greene again and gets a W there’s nothing else to be said.  Congrats to DB on their win against TH and best of luck with the rest of their season.

If that helps you sleep at night then we'll just go with that. But you need to prepare yourself for some coming disappointment.

19 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

No it's not. But it's plenty enough for who I'm dealing with. And plus, it's true. Hard to argue with truth.

i dont generally get in on these pissin contests if i can help it, but i think i'll give it the best "stream" i can in this one....i think you and D'man both have some valid points. It all depends on how you look at things vs how things are perceived. In the historical realm, sure, DB has dominated our Devils. But you mention in a round about way " what have you done for me lately" and i dont really think last thursday and friday qualifies as a true " lately "....lately to me is the last few years...let's say just for numbers sakes, the last 3 years. (hehehe) Greeneville has clearly been heads and tails above DB "lately", seeing as last year we absolutely destroyed you. two years ago, different story. Yall took it to us in the first half and we had to rally to get the win. this offseason, for whatever reason, DB tapped out on us. Honestly, just looking at both teams most recent games and the head to head meaningless scrimmage, that MIGHT be a good thing for greeneville. But ultimately, greatness is in most eyes judged by trophies and i think we can all agree that that one is a no contest between the two. Greeneville is  a turnover away from being 5 for 5 in state title game, but they're not. they're 4 for 5, and for me, that looks waaaay better than  0 for life. One thing is a fact here ....BOTH schools can be very very proud of what they have accomplished in their history. DB...more over wins than us....GHS...more state titles. So, all that said, i think we can both be dam(n) proud...and i AM, even with our most recent setback.

• Upvote 1

Also, I don't think it matters now. DB always would have to get past a school like Maryville etc. Greeneville doesn't have a team in 4a that would be as big of a roadblock as them. The odds will always be in Greeneville's favor for titles as long as you have schools like Maryville in the equation. If DB was smaller with the same talent in years past I think they could definitely make a run in the lower classes. 

2 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Also, I don't think it matters now. DB always would have to get past a school like Maryville etc. Greeneville doesn't have a team in 4a that would be as big of a roadblock as them. The odds will always be in Greeneville's favor for titles as long as you have schools like Maryville in the equation. If DB was smaller with the same talent in years past I think they could definitely make a run in the lower classes. 

DB should have won a few before the Maryville roadblock { that I might add },was in front of Elizabethton and Greeneville at one time just the same. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Ya you forgot Maryville moved to 6A a little while ago. Greeneville had that roadblock in 08

12 minutes ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

Anyone know what time they open the gates at Powell?

Good one.So many ways you could go with this question since the thread has continued.Sorry ,Thought it was a joke.Anyone know when the gates will open for the Powell vs AC game this week ?

Edited by BatmanDevil