Cloudland vs South Greene

THE KING

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Yeah, if that's the case then everyone else is playing for 2nd.  They'll have to prove it to me.  I'm expecting a 4 qtr tussle.

If they are good enough to go all the way, the 35 to 7 should happen easily. The Great 1 and 2 teams could do that. I'm just not ready to buy all that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, pujo said:

If they are good enough to go all the way, the 35 to 7 should happen easily. The Great 1 and 2 teams could do that. I'm just not ready to buy all that.

Me either. We have a long way to go.

Cloudland is a hard nosed team with a seasoned line.  Their Defense is nasty and their RBs never quit.  On top of that they have decades of tradition and know how to win. This time last yr we were just figuring that part out. I’m just a realist looking at facts. Just because we had success last yr and win our first game this yr doesn’t mean crap. We still have to prove ourselves each game and do the little things right and play clean. We made tons of mistakes against Unicoi. Did some good things too but we are nowhere near ready to take on a State contender like Meigs. Heck Fridays task is nothing small! Our D line will have a big job trying to contain birchfield. Our LBs are going to have to play!  And our QB will have to have a great game for us to be successful. We will not show up and dominate. I look for a battle on the mountain. We are just a descent team with loads of potential on O and D—Working our butts off to get better.  At least that’s how I see it. 

1 hour ago, RebRebReb said:

Cloudland is a hard nosed team with a seasoned line.  Their Defense is nasty and their RBs never quit.  On top of that they have decades of tradition and know how to win. This time last yr we were just figuring that part out. I’m just a realist looking at facts. Just because we had success last yr and win our first game this yr doesn’t mean crap. We still have to prove ourselves each game and do the little things right and play clean. We made tons of mistakes against Unicoi. Did some good things too but we are nowhere near ready to take on a State contender like Meigs. Heck Fridays task is nothing small! Our D line will have a big job trying to contain birchfield. Our LBs are going to have to play!  And our QB will have to have a great game for us to be successful. We will not show up and dominate. I look for a battle on the mountain. We are just a descent team with loads of potential on O and D—Working our butts off to get better.  At least that’s how I see it. 

Exactly. Big talk just make big heads. Just play ball and let the facts speak for themselves. I do think you have a good team. The Great one,s play after Turkey day. With hard work and a little luck,you could be one of um.

12 hours ago, RebRebReb said:

Pretty good post, although we at Meigs haven't proved we are a contender yet this season. I normally dont try and judge how good we are gonna be until a few good wins are behind us.