Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

Feel free to tell your radio announcers that there's nothing wrong with being homers, but to call a high school kid names just because you don't have the football sense that God gave a goose is a little over the line. In the off chance that they read this, "Mr. Showboat", as he is referred to by the broadcasters, was cutting back across the field to run extra time off the clock. This was known by pretty much everyone except them. Had no one from Greenback been there to pursue him he would've simply stood there until time expired. It seems pretty unprofessional to call a young man names just because he's hurting your feelings and beating the team that you want to win.

Rant over. Beat Sunbright by 50.

3 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Feel free to tell your radio announcers that there's nothing wrong with being homers, but to call a high school kid names just because you don't have the football sense that God gave a goose is a little over the line. In the off chance that they read this, "Mr. Showboat", as he is referred to by the broadcasters, was cutting back across the field to run extra time off the clock. This was known by pretty much everyone except them. Had no one from Greenback been there to pursue him he would've simply stood there until time expired. It seems pretty unprofessional to call a young man names just because he's hurting your feelings and beating the team that you want to win.

I clearly missed something. And I thought this was a Boring week. What happened?

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I clearly missed something. And I thought this was a Boring week. What happened?

I found the radio broadcast and did not like the last quarter or so. Aside from the name calling, they went to blaming the officials after we took the lead late. I understand that they're going to lean towards Greenback, and should, but that doesn't mean they should call kids names or discredit what the players did on the field.

10 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I guess your saying the Greenbackradio.com folks said this?Well im with you on it,there was no showboating at all just a great player playing a great game.I would apologize but its not my place too and if they said then THEY should!

4 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I found the radio broadcast and did not like the last quarter or so. Aside from the name calling, they went to blaming the officials after we took the lead late. I understand that they're going to lean towards Greenback, and should, but that doesn't mean they should call kids names or discredit what the players did on the field.

Hate to hear that. I feel he was clearly trying to run off time as well if were referring to the same play. There was no more show boating from our team than our opponents. I thought emotions ran high and kids played accordingly. Sometimes your over excited to take the lead. I seen that from both teams. Wouldn't have called a flag either. The officials didnt see anything worth flagging on that aspect either.

Edited by Imthayeti

Just now, orngnblk said:

I guess your saying the Greenbackradio.com folks said this?Well im with you on it,there was no showboating at all just a great player playing a great game.I would apologize but its not my place too and if they said then THEY should!

No need for an apology, I just highly doubt that they would find him after the game and yell "Hey Mr. Showboat" and get away with it. Just something I noticed that I wanted to put out there.

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

I thought that was a very smart play on his part.  His head was still in the game. 

Just now, orngnblk said:

Players like him always have their head in the game.Thats why he won and will win Mr Football!

If we had to utilize him like that every game, like he had to play in the first two games, he would have silly stats come season end. A few of our games he will be out at the half if our season goes like I "think" it will. Most of his stats last season were from 2 quarters of play in most games.

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If we had to utilize him like that every game, like he had to play in the first two games, he would have silly stats come season end. A few of our games he will be out at the half if our season goes like I "think" it will. Most of his stats last season were from 2 quarters of play in most games.

If he had to play like he did against us all year he would be too beat up by playoff time.I dont care what any of the Meigs people say that young man was glad thst game was over.He had a rough night,was limping slightly in the second quarter and the big hit def rattled his cage and yes he was hurting.Did hurt his effectiveness?Nope young man is a football player,NO DOUBT!

9 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

You are correct on the last part!