• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Rockstar89

2019 AA Discussion

Good to have insight on teams outside of the Metro Nashville area.  Most of us are unfamiliar unless we deem them at tourneys etc. although I def. remember the name from years back. 

They were moved up to AAA for 8 years and we had some great teams at Farragut and Harden Valley and Heritage were also loaded and while they gave us all that we wanted they couldn’t get past the Region.  They would win there District most years but truthfully we were lucky two years when we made the finals losing to Brentwood to get past AC.  They have beaten us all 3 times we have played them this year and we get them again Thursday for senior night!

Anderson County is the best team in East TN in any classification with the possible exception of Catholic.  You don’t want to hit them early.  They are big and a great defensive team.  They are young, no seniors, but if I had to pick an early favorite to win, if they stay healthy, it would be them.

Basically the same, the old gentleman that has been around forever that wears the ball cap and two former players.  They are tough this year.  We haven’t been able to take a game from them and some of the losses were in single digits.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, ADM4 said:

They were moved up to AAA for 8 years and we had some great teams at Farragut and Harden Valley and Heritage were also loaded and while they gave us all that we wanted they couldn’t get past the Region.  They would win there District most years but truthfully we were lucky two years when we made the finals losing to Brentwood to get past AC.  They have beaten us all 3 times we have played them this year and we get them again Thursday for senior night!

Anderson County is the best team in East TN in any classification with the possible exception of Catholic.  You don’t want to hit them early.  They are big and a great defensive team.  They are young, no seniors, but if I had to pick an early favorite to win, if they stay healthy, it would be them.

I disagree... they are a strong team but would definitely not say the best in East TN. I think the Heritage win was big for them, but I could see that going the other way on another day (went to 5 sets). Their schedule really hasn’t been too difficult. Farragut and Webb are not good this year. AC lost to Concord Christian, Maryville and King’s Academy as well. Catholic is without a doubt the strongest team in the East this year in my opinion (not a KCHS fan, but they are strong!!) would have liked to see AC play Hardin Valley this year. I am sure they will beat Farragut again tonight.

Edited by maiseyvol

Can someone keep this board, or me, updated with how the regions 5 and 6 AA go tonight. I believe it will be the same 4 last year and the same results too, but you never know, so if someone could keep updates in here that would be great!

My picks: Nolensville over Hume-Fogg, and Portland over Camden. Good luck to all of them!