AC Mavericks vs Powell Panthers

Should be an interesting game. Powell's front 7 looked like the real deal last week, and they are much deeper at RB than I thought even with Frances out. The conditions last week weren't ideal for either team, but both did what they had to do to get Ws.

That said, this game presents a much different challenge for the Panthers. AC will look to take advantage of a young Powell secondary. It will also be interesting to see if Powell can clean up the offensive holding calls. Many of those flags came as a result of the shiftiness of Bailor Walker. It's tough not to get caught holding when your RB is cutting back against the grain every other carry.

I will be surprised if AC only tallies 10 offensive points this week, but I don't see Powell being held under 20 either. I'll take Powell by 10.

After a much needed break, I'm happy to see this series back on.

Powell looks good. Strong up front. AC had 4 turnovers, in or near red zone I believe.  Powell will need to clean up on penalties, and AC will need to clean up on turnovers. I think Powell is a 5A potential contender this year.  AC has a lot to prove if they want to present well in playoffs. We shall see. Speed kills, and Powell has it. 

13 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Should be an interesting game. Powell's front 7 looked like the real deal last week, and they are much deeper at RB than I thought even with Frances out. The conditions last week weren't ideal for either team, but both did what they had to do to get Ws.

That said, this game presents a much different challenge for the Panthers. AC will look to take advantage of a young Powell secondary. It will also be interesting to see if Powell can clean up the offensive holding calls. Many of those flags came as a result of the shiftiness of Bailor Walker. It's tough not to get caught holding when your RB is cutting back against the grain every other carry.

I will be surprised if AC only tallies 10 offensive points this week, but I don't see Powell being held under 20 either. I'll take Powell by 10.

After a much needed break, I'm happy to see this series back on.

Yeah it has been a while since the series. Since the Mavs lost so many and have so many younger and less experienced it would only be normal to say Powell has the upper advantage. I think this is the week of practice they will have to grow up fast. Powell did well at eating up the clock on Greeneville and this does not set too well with the Mavs offense. The Mavs have in past always like a fast pace. I am glad we have a kicker that can put the ball in the end zone and really good at both field goals and punting. This is a game we will need every yard we can get.

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan1977 said:

Powell looks good. Strong up front. AC had 4 turnovers, in or near red zone I believe.  Powell will need to clean up on penalties, and AC will need to clean up on turnovers. I think Powell is a 5A potential contender this year.  AC has a lot to prove if they want to present well in playoffs. We shall see. Speed kills, and Powell has it. 

Yeah the speed is the biggest issue. The sweeps take a while to develop with #3 but the issue is they open up to green pasture and speed comes in. A sweep left and a sweep right then a 40 yard bomb. This keeps the defense guessing and I think it can tire the defensive line too. AC has seen this many times from Powell now the work is getting thw players to see it. #3 and #7 do well at delaying there run waiting on a hole. Mavs will need to Force that run a little quicker. For the Mavs this is in the hand of our defense. What a job the coaching staff will have this week. Just how good are we? I am chalking up the rain the excitement and jitters in 1st game to the fumbles we had we will see.