AC Mavericks vs Powell Panthers

22 hours ago, Longhorn72 said:

Yes we are young on experience but I think going by the Clinton game AC has 7 to 8 seniors  that starts some both ways others offense and some defense. The rest are Juniors, I may be wrong but how is the Powell RB hat got hurt? Is he coming back this week?

I don’t believe their starter RB will be back this season, if your referring the RB that didn’t start this past Thursday night against Greene. I believe he’s out for the remainder of this season if the info I was given is accurate?  Maybe one of the Powell fans can elaborate more on his status?  The back up they used from what I saw on the replay done very well taking his spot. He was patient enough to wait on the a hole to open up and fast/shifty enough to get to it and through it more than what of course Greene wanted.  You should be able to go back on the rivalrythursday website and watch it. Powell has young guys too, not sure how many, but they are very solid all around.   Unless this years AC team is better than they have been the last 2 years, I don’t see AC scoring very many points if any at all and Powell picking their number.  I’m sure some will disagree, and that’s ok.  

Edited by Romansfive8

8 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I don’t believe their starter RB will be back this season, if your referring the RB that didn’t start this past Thursday night against Greene. I believe he’s for the remainder of this season if the info I was given is accurate?  Maybe one of the Powell fans can elaborate more on his status?  The back up they used from what I saw on the replay done very well taking his spot. He was patient enough to wait on the a hole to open up and fast/shifty enough to get to it and through it more than what of course Greene wanted.  You should be able to go back on the rivalrythursday website and watch it. Powell has young guys too, not sure how many, but they are very solid all around.   Unless this years AC team is better than they have been the last 2 years, I don’t see AC scoring very many points if any at all and Powell picking their number.  I’m sure some will disagree, and that’s ok.  

It’s going to be tough, they held Greeneville to 3 points at half time and Powell ended the win streak of Greeneville. They are one of the top teams in 5A. Looking forward to this game so is it going to be on the radio?

Edited by Longhorn72

12 hours ago, Longhorn72 said:

Yes we are young on experience but I think going by the Clinton game AC has 7 to 8 seniors  that starts some both ways others offense and some defense. The rest are Juniors, I may be wrong but how is the Powell RB hat got hurt? Is he coming back this week?

Last I heard, Frances was going to be out for ~6 weeks with some kind of knee issue. Not sure if that has changed. Based on what I saw against Greeneville, there's no need to rush him back. Powell ran four different RBs against Greeneville. Bailor Walker and Eli Owens both looked impressive, and their running styles are a nice compliment to one another.

Edited by osunut2

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Last I heard, Frances was going to be out for ~6 weeks with some kind of knee issue. Not sure if that has changed. Based on what I saw against Greeneville, there's no need to rush him back. Powell ran four different RBs against Greeneville. Bailor Walker and Eli Owens both looked impressive, and their running styles are a nice compliment to one other.

Yep.  That was the initial word that was out there.  Also heard, but not from what I consider an "A" source, that he was going to miss the entire regular season.  I'm not sure anybody actually knows for sure at this point.  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep.  That was the initial word that was out there.  Also heard, but not from what I consider an "A" source, that he was going to miss the entire regular season.  I'm not sure anybody actually knows for sure at this point.  

I was talking to a couple of the older Powell fan's on the track at Half time of the Greeneville game and they told me he wouldn't be playing this year because of and ACL and MCL tear (Which i hope is not true).  I hate to see any kid miss a full season in High School.

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I was talking to a couple of the older Powell fan's on the track at Half time of the Greeneville game and they told me he wouldn't be playing this year because of and ACL and MCL tear (Which i hope is not true).  I hate to see any kid miss a full season in High School.

Yeah, like I said.  A lot of stuff out there, and I don't think anybody really knows for sure other than the principals involved.  Apparently the family didn't want it to get out, and with today's HIPPA laws the coaches/school have to respect parental wishes.  

On 8/28/2019 at 10:30 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Devilman thinks he smells blood again. I hope not Devilman. I would like to think we are much better than that.

In all honesty imo this game will be close.....At the beginning 0-0 then Powell smashes the cows and herds them back to Anderson County.

Powell 55-10

Edited by DevilMan03