Week 2 Henry County @ Beech

OmahaPatriot

Now that week one is behind us, Henry County now faces a familiar foe in Week 2 of their gauntlet of schedule to open the season. 

What changes need to be made from last week against Haywood to this week vs Beech? Do we see a change at QB from the freshman? Will there be a shuffle on the OL? Will 1 and 8 see more playing time on offense? Defensive changes? Are there any significant injuries that will come into play this week?

I personally think you have to stay with the freshman QB. I know some have mentioned otherwise, but he was starting for a reason, and not to give him experience for next year or the year after either. I don’t know what other changes could be made, I just think we have to play better. I do think 8 needs more carries if he’s healthy. 1 has to be on the field when we’re on offense. He’s our best deep threat. And I think, even though Beech may be a better overall team than Haywood, that we match up better with them than we did the Tomcats. What say you guys?

I dont like to brag but last week I was pretty much spot on with the way the game could turn out. I knew Haywood was a beast and if we had too many turnovers and didnt bring our A game we would lose the game. That's exactly what happened. Ok now on to this week. Beech/HC! I expect fully that our coaches will get things headed in the right direction starting this week....now I'm not saying we go to Shackle Island and win but we will look better overall. I didnt think this would be a rebuild year but it kinda is! Dont forget last week we was without our big time RB Jayln Foster. Not sure how much difference it would have made but I know Jayln wouldnt fumble the ball 3 times!!! We are without him again this week against Beech! I think we keep it close in this game but we shall see the outcome. Dont get too down on last weeks game because Haywood is going to be in the 4A championship in Cookeville come December! With a young team without our star RB and with a Freshman QB and a young o-line we played them well overall. It was 10-7 at halftime remember. A fumble in the 2nd half put Haywood with a very short field which they scored a TD. Keep ur head up Patriot Nation it ain't over!!!

• Like 1

Beech has some things to clean up from last Friday night. Several mistakes that kept the game closer than it should have been against Northside. That said, I believe it could be Northside and Haywood in the 4A semifinals. 

I expect an exciting game this week when the Patriots come to Shackle Island. 

28 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Beech by a couple of scores. It's not an issue of talent, but HC's O-line ain't ready for prime time. I might feel better about this game if it was later in the year. 

That said, we usually play Beech pretty tough even in down years, so I guess we will see... 

O line was not that bad during preseason. We played MBA to a 15-7 halftime. I think HC fans really should RELAX!!! Its one game we lost to a very very stout d line in Haywood! 

29 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

O line was not that bad during preseason. We played MBA to a 15-7 halftime. I think HC fans really should RELAX!!! Its one game we lost to a very very stout d line in Haywood! 

I am perfectly relaxed. The O-line isn’t bad, but it is very much a work in progress. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I am perfectly relaxed. The O-line isn’t bad, but it is very much a work in progress. 

U can bet one thing if u are right and we lose by 2 tds to Beech then by that statement we would win a total of 5 games this year (maybe). Because if that happens we would have lost to Haywood, Beech and then after that G-Town, Brentwood and possibly Clarksville High.

47 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

U can bet one thing if u are right and we lose by 2 tds to Beech then by that statement we would win a total of 5 games this year (maybe). Because if that happens we would have lost to Haywood, Beech and then after that G-Town, Brentwood and possibly Clarksville High.

I still like our chances in all the region games, especially once we hit mid season form. Have to keep working though. We have a tough opponent this week. Gotta use the opportunity to improve. 

Edited by MSURacer

30 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

We could be the best 6-4 team in the state by playoff time, and that very well could be the case. I think we win 1-3 of the non-region games though and finish 7-3. This week will be tough, but I do think we match up better with Beech and will see some improvement.

Some good points here. We probably do match up better with Beech from a pure athleticism standpoint than we did with Haywood, but it’s not a given, and they will also very likely be much more disciplined along line of scrimmage than Haywood. I think Beech is a prohibitive favorite here, but a close, 1 score game would not surprise me.

Like I said, we usually play them tough, and I have always heard that a team sees its greatest leap in improvement between games 1 and 2, so we shall see. 

• Like 1