Gallatin vs Station Camp

GWAVE1

9 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

That might change this year. I'm looking at that schedule and 0-10 seems like a possibility.

They have Hendersonville, Beech, Mt. Juliet and Lebanon which will be losses. Then they also have Stewarts Creek and Wilson Central which are looking like they are better than anybody expected which will likely be losses.

The only games I see left on the schedule that look like could be wins are Rossview and Springfield as both of those teams haven't looked good so far. But I likely wouldn't pick Station Camp over either of those teams.

I've prolly thought about half a dozen times. Giving SC the LaVergne treatment, don't believe it will happen until it actually does

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've prolly thought about half a dozen times. Giving SC the LaVergne treatment, don't believe it will happen until it actually does

Probably right. But weren't some people expecting them to be better this year? I thought this team has a good amount of Seniors.

If they go 0-10 with a team that was expected to challenge for a playoff spot.

12 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Remember when you said after this hire you would reserve judgement?  

Verdict still out... it’s Lebanon and Station Camp. 

That said, two wins and from what I hear they are playing a lot more physical. 2-0 is 2-0. Good start. 

4 hours ago, Gtowner said:

If you weren't at this game, let me tell you, as the final seconds ticked off a celebration ensued on the Wave sidelines and stands that I haven't seen in a long, long time. It was reminiscent of the glory days. Lots of chatter around this Wave squad and the new coaching staff and for good reason.

Is it too early to throw the name Spencer Briggs into the Mr. Football discussion? 432 rushing yards in 2 games... 

Maybe. He had 300+ yards against a team that might go 0-10.

4 hours ago, Gtowner said:

If you weren't at this game, let me tell you, as the final seconds ticked off a celebration ensued on the Wave sidelines and stands that I haven't seen in a long, long time. It was reminiscent of the glory days. Lots of chatter around this Wave squad and the new coaching staff and for good reason.

Is it too early to throw the name Spencer Briggs into the Mr. Football discussion? 432 rushing yards in 2 games... 

Way too early. Gallatin has played no one. 

The 2-0 record seems to have some of you delusional. If you start 4-0 we will have a conversation about the team, but Briggs isn’t even the best back in the region. 

4 minutes ago, eers said:

The 2-0 record seems to have some of you delusional. If you start 4-0 we will have a conversation about the team, but Briggs isn’t even the best back in the region. 

Debateable about your RB opinion, that's certain. Guess let's see everything shake out. Your opinion on SC is true. But if you think Lebanon is an easy win, Beech may very well be in for a full 4 quarter game against them in 4 more weeks. I think you have grown complacent to the 2012-2018 Gallatin. But rest assured that this isnt the same head coach Beech went 7-0 against. All previous coaches @ Gallatin, Beech had a losing record to prior to last one. So yeah, I do think Beech is going to have more than just Hillsboro to look forward to. I get they are only 2-0 so far, but Ray Charles can see the obvious change this program has seen in just a few months time. I said earlier this year I would be happy with just a couple more wins than in 2018. If they do anything more than that, they are just ahead of schedule. 

• Upvote 1

I seem to remember a time when people said that Gallatin wouldn't be a factor.  The intensity and the spirit this team plays with reminds me of teams I played on.  The town seems to really be coming back around also. Packed house in only game 2, uh oh feeling like maybe the ghost of green wave past reering it's beautiful head a little.  The next 2 weeks will show alot about this version of the green wave.  Go Big G

Edited by DwayneSherlin

1 hour ago, DwayneSherlin said:

I seem to remember a time when people said that Gallatin wouldn't be a factor.  The intensity and the spirit this team plays with reminds me of teams I played on.  The town seems to really be coming back around also. Packed house in only game 2, uh oh feeling like maybe the ghost of green wave past reering it's beautiful head a little.  The next 2 weeks will show alot about this version of the green wave.  Go Big G

True very true

1 hour ago, eers said:

Lebanon is better than you give them credit for.