Is 3a football the best class pound for pound?

crow6424

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

Boog is still salty about the thumping we put on them at Tech a few years ago

2013     @ Tech  Qtr Rd        Baxter 19 ND 10     9 pts

2014     @ ND  2nd Rd          ND 55 Baxter 7      48 pts

2015     @ Baxter 2nd Rd     ND 45 Baxter 6      39 pts

if a 9 pt loss to Baxter is a thumpin.....then?

Booger just sayin  giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kwc said:

How do we decide how the term 'pound for pound' should be defined?

If you were to give 3a schools 4 times as many students to choose from would they compete with the best of 6a? I’m saying Alcoa, Covington, and PC would beat the top three 6a teams. Alcoa already beats the top 6a teams every 4-5 years

Edited by crow6424

9 hours ago, crow6424 said:

If you were to give 3a schools 4 times as many students to choose from would they compete with the best of 6a? I’m saying Alcoa, Covington, and PC would beat the top three 6a teams. Alcoa already beats the top 6a teams every 4-5 years

If , if and buts were fruit and nuts ... you know the rest.

I'm not one for speculation. What about the rest of 3A? If we are talking pound for pound, then that includes the not so very good, to the medicore, to the awful, not just the elite. You put all of 3A against all of 6A.

That's why I asked. You just wanna cherry pick. Can't cherry pick and come talk about 'pound for pound'.

It doesn't work like that.

When taken in that context, the answer would be a big fat NO. That takes nothing away from Covington, PC, or Alcoa.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

Then that would make them 6A, not 3A. More numbers isn't a guarantee for success

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Then that would make them 6A, not 3A. More numbers isn't a guarantee for success

Fact. On paper Whiteheaven has elite D1 talent, and lots of it................but, IMO under achieves based on that talent year in and year out. Look at the top 25 players from the state.............The Tigers should be a State dominating powerhouse!

23 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Fact. On paper Whiteheaven has elite D1 talent, and lots of it................but, IMO under achieves based on that talent year in and year out. Look at the top 25 players from the state.............The Tigers should be a State dominating powerhouse!

To their credit, it's not like they get bumped early. Maryville & Oakland have talent to match while have an overall better on the field program. I think Rodney Saulsberry does a tremendous job, but I feel like top to bottom, his coaching staff isnt as good as some of the other elite 6A programs. If they were a 5A program, they'd be the equivalent to Alcoa, IMO

52 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

All of the D-1 talent is just that  D-1 talent. That's a whole different animal then getting gold balls as a team. We have 2 gold and 2 silver so far, in the past decade. None prior. I don't know about state dominant with Maryville, and Oakland, and the like around. They have talent and smart coaches as well. That sir, is sheer foolishness.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

To their credit, it's not like they get bumped early. Maryville & Oakland have talent to match while have an overall better on the field program. I think Rodney Saulsberry does a tremendous job, but I feel like top to bottom, his coaching staff isnt as good as some of the other elite 6A programs. If they were a 5A program, they'd be the equivalent to Alcoa, IMO

Well, all of that opinion and speculation is just that. The proof is in the pudding.

All I know is this year we are primed to make it to the championship again. However, we have work to do because, around here, folks like Houston, and Germantown, and Cordova, to name 3, are all sick and tired of falling short against Whithaven. 

Don't let the D-1 talent thing fool you. Alcoa, and Maryville, and Oakland have just as many as Whitehaven, if not more. What they DON'T have, in that regard, is coach Saulsberry, because if they did, then they would be getting more players recognized as D-1, or lower. It's not a priority with those schools/coaches like it is at Whitehaven.  That's where Alcoa, and, Maryville, and Oakland underachieve. They should all be dominating in this department. It's just a matter of focus and priorities. Just listen to the men when they speak ... It comes out of their mouths consistently. Again, proof is in the pudding.

This still doesn't change the argument that 3A is pound for pound the best class either. Good try with the change of topic though. Not!

Edited by kwc

41 minutes ago, kwc said:

Well, all of that opinion and speculation is just that. The proof is in the pudding.

All I know is this year we are primed to make it to the championship again. However, we have work to do because, around here, folks like Houston, and Germantown, and Cordova, to name 3, are all sick and tired of falling short against Whithaven. 

Don't let the D-1 talent thing fool you. Alcoa, and Maryville, and Oakland have just as many as Whitehaven, if not more. What they DON'T have, in that regard, is coach Saulsberry, because if they did, then they would be getting more players recognized as D-1, or lower. It's not a priority with those schools/coaches like it is at Whitehaven.  That's where Alcoa, and, Maryville, and Oakland underachieve. They should all be dominating in this department. It's just a matter of focus and priorities. Just listen to the men when they speak ... It comes out of their mouths consistently. Again, proof is in the pudding.

This still doesn't change the 3A is pound for pound the best class either. Good try with the change of topic though. Not!

I'll give it to Coach Saulsberry. I doubt there is another Coach in the state that does a better job of getting his kids to college