5A & 6A AP Poll

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

I think Gallatin is top 10. Only thing hurting them right now is strength of schedule. Beat Hendersonville, beat Beech then you will move up. Right now best team you have played is Mt Juliet who got beat by SC. I think that's what most on the outside see.

If SOS mattered, then why is half of the Knox teams on there? Who have they beaten to prove their schedule is tougher than ours? How many have beaten a early top 5 ranked team as Gallatin did? Im only curious where these votors seriously come up with this stuff...

1 minute ago, thegreatone36 said:

If SOS mattered, then why is half of the Knox teams on there? Who have they beaten to prove their schedule is tougher than ours? How many have beaten a early top 5 ranked team as Gallatin did? Im only curious where these votors seriously come up with this stuff...

Exactly, Gallatin SOS has been decent so far and only gets better playing Beech and Hville. Much better than most of the Knox teams can say.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

I think Gallatin is top 10. Only thing hurting them right now is strength of schedule. Beat Hendersonville, beat Beech then you will move up. Right now best team you have played is Mt Juliet who got beat by SC. I think that's what most on the outside see.

MJ is still possibly the best team on the schedule. The only team as good as them left would be Beech, IMO. And MJ did beat them in their jamboree.

But, it's one game at a time. This week is 4-1 6A Wilson Central. Will be the 4th 6A opponent Gallatin has played in 6 games...

6 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Knox Central- Defending champs whom are also unbeaten so obviously

Knox West- wins over Bearden, Farragut & OR, 

Powell- Wins over Greeneville & Anderson Co

South Doyle- Has pretty much destroyed every one except for their loss to Anderson Co

David Crockett - Easily the one on the shakiest ground in terms of SOS with best win against Science Hill and a pretty suspect schedule for rest of the season. Would probably be the one team I'd exchange for Gallatin

4 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

MJ is still possibly the best team on the schedule. The only team as good as them left would be Beech, IMO. And MJ did beat them in their jamboree.

But, it's one game at a time. This week is 4-1 6A Wilson Central. Will be the 4th 6A opponent Gallatin has played in 6 games...

I mean Gallatin has a 6A enrollment so let's not act like it's some great task for them to be playing up. Wilson Central is only 5-1 bc they've feasted on am easy schedule

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

South Doyle- Has pretty much destroyed every one except for their loss to Anderson Co

David Crockett - Easily the one on the shakiest ground in terms of SOS with best win against Science Hill and a pretty suspect schedule for rest of the season. Would probably be the one team I'd exchange for Gallatin

Ok and Bearden is bad, Farragut is way down from last year, Oak Ridge is an average team, Greeneville lost most of their talent from last years team as well. Ofcourse, 5a has a better argument for East being better than middle tn, the same canNOT be said for 6a.

Just now, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Ok and Bearden is bad, Farragut is way down from last year, Oak Ridge is an average team, Greeneville lost most of their talent from last years team as well. Ofcourse, 5a has a better argument for East being better than middle tn, the same canNOT be said for 6a.

Agreed. East TN 5A is much better. God willing, we go back to 5 classes & Maryville might actually get challenged before the semis. Greeneville is still a solid win. Most voters are probably giving West a bump for beating 6A programs that are usually solid

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Guess for now we will just have to accept that they think all of those teams are better than us. It is what it is. But, if anybody truly thinks that, they need to also state that half of these 5a Knox teams would be a top 10 6A team as well....

Also, I don't think the MJ team is getting the respect they deserve just yet. That defense is still nasty enough to have them finish with an 8-2 record. Just wait n see.

• Like 1

Just now, thegreatone36 said:

Guess for now we will just have to accept that they think all of those teams are better than us. It is what it is. But, if anybody truly thinks that, they need to also state that half of these 5a Knox teams would be a top 10 6A team as well....

Also, I don't think the MJ team is getting the respect they deserve just yet. That defense is still nasty enough to have them finish with an 8-2 record. Just wait n see.

Not saying there better than Gallatin, but I at least understand. West, Powell, South Doyle and Central all have to play each other over the coming weeks. 

Losing Week 1 to Stewart's Creek hurt MJ. Like you've alluded to, their schedule sets up to where they can win out. If they do, they'll finish the regular season ranked