5A & 6A AP Poll

14 hours ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I think I'm right on this, you get 10 points for a 1st place vote, 9 points for 2nd, and so on to 1 point for 10th.  As an example, Knox Central got 16 1st place votes for 160 points, so they got 2 2nd place votes for 18 to get their 178.  Gallatin got 1 1st place vote, so 10 of their 31 points came from that one voter, while the other 21 came from the remaining 17 voters.  It's interesting that one voter has them the best in 5A, while most of the others have then way down the line.

You are correct. Each voter has a total of 55 points to cast each week. I wish they would show all who received votes.  

15 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I think Gallatin is top 10. Only thing hurting them right now is strength of schedule. Beat Hendersonville, beat Beech then you will move up. Right now best team you have played is Mt Juliet who got beat by SC. I think that's what most on the outside see.

“Beat Hendersonville, beat Beech, then you will move up”....is that not respect?   If I am wrong, I am wrong but that is what I took it as.  Strength of schedule has already been proven wrong.  But hey, it doesn’t really matter if Gallatin is decent enough to get in they will, if not ok.  Again I am fine right here.  

We started out in this poll and stayed even after getting bludgeoned by a healthy South Doyle team at time. That should tell you all you need to know about these things. Let the season play out and these things will correct themselves. I wouldn’t say that the teams from the East are overrated however. There is some good football being played out this way.

4 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

We started out in this poll and stayed even after getting bludgeoned by a healthy South Doyle team at time. That should tell you all you need to know about these things. Let the season play out and these things will correct themselves. I wouldn’t say that the teams from the East are overrated however. There is some good football being played out this way.

I agree. The last six seasons in 5A the 865 has 4 gold and 2 silver balls. 

I wish HC could play weeks 1 & 2 over again now. Different team the past 3 weeks. The outcome might not change at all, but I think we’d be sitting at 4-1 at the very least. Our team is just better now. The freshman quarterback doesn’t look like a freshman anymore, we have 5 back at RB, the OL is playing much better, and the defense has figured out how to be dominant. If we stay healthy, we’ll make a run in the playoffs. GoBigRed.

22 hours ago, OmahaPatriot said:

I wish HC could play weeks 1 & 2 over again now. Different team the past 3 weeks. The outcome might not change at all, but I think we’d be sitting at 4-1 at the very least. Our team is just better now. The freshman quarterback doesn’t look like a freshman anymore, we have 5 back at RB, the OL is playing much better, and the defense has figured out how to be dominant. If we stay healthy, we’ll make a run in the playoffs. GoBigRed.

100% agreed.  Jayln Foster is irreplaceable at running back and he didn't play the 1st 2 games.  Damron is looking cool calm and collected now at QB. Mahki Sanders a definite play maker on both sides of the ball. Joe Travis and Jawon Odoms are killing it. And the defense is being lead by the 1 man wrecking crew Davey Harrod.  ROLL RED ROLL. 

• Like 1